Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekend and Near Death Experience...Life is Great!

Another weekend has passed and we are now firmly into the new week. It was a good, but relatively mellow weekend. Friday was a mellow evening at home catching up on the DVR after I made dinner (crab and angel hair pasta). Saturday, D had to work for most of the day. So, I ran most of the errands we normally do together and some others. Included in the multiple errands were stops at Bed Bath and Beyond (gift for a cooking exchange), stop at another place (cannot mention for fear of surprise ruining) for D's valentine gift, Borders (another cooking exchange gift), Sam's Club (different than Costco for a change), my aunt and uncle's in Hillcrest (to pick up my mom's crockpot they had borrowed) and finally, Massage Envy (for a massage). I got home to find D calling to tell me he was on his way home. He and I had been invited to a party that evening, but decided to do our own thing and relax. We did run out to Fashion Valley for some more quick errands...D had to drop something off and I needed my eyebrows done. Aside...if you need your eyebrows done, go see Ryan at the Benefit Brow Bar in Macy's. It's the best $18 I spend...she does an amazing job and makes me look good! Saturday night dinner was stroganoff, rice and salad. We watched The Queen on DVD and spent good quality time together. Sunday was the total lazy day...neither D nor I had any motivation to move from the couch after breakfast. Our excuse...Vijay Singh....we had to see if Vijay was going to pull off a win at Pebble Beach (he didn't and prolonged the agony into a playoff hole). We finally ended our love affair with the couch to head to WalMart for necessities and random things that hopped in our cart ;) We were supposed to have dinner at home, but D was craving Sam Woo Chinese and who am I to deny him?!? It was yummy!

Monday was another day...I almost died...I choked (to the point of wheezing for air) on a piece of apple and it kicked my butt for the rest of the day! I was supposed to go to Chapter last night, but could not muster the energy to drive to San Marcos for a long meeting to get home after 11. So, I called and made excuses and headed home. D came home for a bit before softball. He was so sweet and called me to see if I needed him to come home instead of going to the gym. I was okay with the couch and tv, so told him to go, but he had not taken his iPod. So, I got to spend the rest of the night snuggled with him on the couch. I feel much better today, but still have the messed-up throat. It sounds stupid, but it puts things into perspective...life is pretty short and I really have to take/make the time to savor the cuddles on the couch and the fact that I have someone who really cares about me...Life is great and I am a lucky woman!

No comments: