Monday, April 27, 2009

Alive...Busy..>Doing Well!

Hello, my poor neglected blog! I am so sorry to have neglected you, but life is coming at me from all different angles lately. It's hard to sit down and verbalize what's happening. Especially for me, because I am one of those people that internalizes everything before I express my thoughts and feelings. The little mind has been racing in so many directions lately. Some of what is happening includes:
  • Car trouble that cost us a lot of money...including us learning that D is not allowed to do anything sunroof related on our cars. I can laugh about all this now, but the whole thing cost me lots of tears.
  • Spending a nice Easter with the family and friends at brunch.
  • Working my behind off...the jay oh bee is very busy thanks to the horrendous budget situation in California. It's not a happy thing to be dealing with, but I'm VERY fortunate to be working with someone who keeps me involved in as much as she can.
  • Speaking of the jay oh bee, we did some rearranging over Spring Break, so we all are in close proximity. There are moments of attitude and bitchiness, but it's starting to subside gradually.
  • Mom and Meema are doing well...I still go see them once a week to spend some quality time catching up on things.
  • D and I have been trying to spend more quality time together. We are together a lot after work, but we usually are doing our own thing rather than talking. So, we've been turning off the television and just talking. We've also been spending time at either Spanish Landing relaxing or Mission Bay reading and relaxing. We both realized that our lives are busy and a little overwhelming and we need to connect more.
  • Ran into an employee at work on Monday who started asking me questions about my bio dad. It turns out she is dating a friend of my dad's. I guess they figured out I must be related because of my name. Since bio dad is deceased (and has been for almost 11 years), I didn't ask if she knew my dad because I really didn't care. It was one of those "Six Degrees of Separation" things. The weird part (or normal) is that it didn't bother me too much. Usually, matters of bio dad throw me into a small mental tailspin. I think I am definitely on the way to forgiveness and forgetting all that drama. It will always be a part of me, but I know that I'm lucky to have had another man (my stepdad) take the role of father that my bio dad could never really handle.
  • D went back to the orthopedist on Friday...he fell off his dirt bike in March onto his left knee (not wearing knee pads...grrr!) and has a second degree tear of his PCL. It is the ligament behind his knee cap and it's not one they do surgery on. It's more of a "wait and see" injury. He got the clear to start physical therapy within the next week or so. Except for occasional pain and swelling, he is handling it well.
  • Friday night, I gave into the Bunco pressure. Because there weren't enough people, we didn't play bunco. Instead, we played a game called Things. It was so much fun and I hadn't laughed like that in so long! It's definitely a must do again!
  • We went to our first Lake Elsinore Storm baseball game yesterday. We had so much fun on the drive and just being there. It's a cool experience and I would recommend it to anyone who likes baseball.

This week promises more busyness...last Chapter tonight, dinner with some of D's friends from EC, meeting at CSUSM, hang out with Mom and Meema and lots of work. All in all, things are going well for me...hope all is well out there in blogworld!

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Isn't turning off the TV great!! I don't do it nearly as much as I should!

Dang girl, we need to get together!