Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stop the Roller Coaster...I Really Want Off!

Wow...it has been a long time since I blogged. Needless to say, lots has been happening. Lately, life has been one heck of a roller coaster and I am honestly ready to hop off at the next stop. To recap:
  • Meema's Surgery: So, this was quite an event! Her routine robotic hysterectomy (at the age of 87, two weeks shy of 88) was a success...they found nothing to indicate cancer. The cyst was the size of a softball and we have pictures of it, but everything else looked healthy. She came through well, but it was a rough week with her in the hospital. She's now home and doing well. It's amazing to see how her major surgery only created 5 scars, approximately one inch long.
  • Meema's Birthday: We celebrated her 88th birthday at Ruth's. It was all of the regular players plus Cousin Cleveland and Steve (Aspiring Banking Mogul) adding to our group. We had a lot of fun that night and continued it with a carne asada barbecue the next day.
  • Yuma: Our tenant of 3 years gave her notice in August. She told us that she would clean and get the carpets done...WRONG! We've spent the last two weekends working on it and will spend this weekend finishing the work. We have a tenant ready to move in at the end of the month, so that took some stress off us.
  • My Jay Oh Bee: Work is busy...I'm still on hold for the other position...I was supposed to have an interview a week ago, but it got postponed at the last minute.
  • D's Jay Oh Bee: Last Thursday, D got laid off. While the timing and the layoff itself are not a good thing, this probably is the best thing for D. He really needed to get out of there and find another job. Sometimes, in life, a nudge doesn't work and people need a big push. He already has some leads, so I think it should all be fine.

Well, I have lots of other fun things to blog about...I just have not had the time to do so. Take care!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

((( hugs )))

If you need to go out for a drink let me know :)

Pilar said...

Hey!!! I've missed reading your blog in the last few months, I'm glad you posted again!!!

I hope everything turns out great and that you'll have less stress in your life soon!!!

Hugs!!!