Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014...Resolutions?!? Efforts!

Hello 2014!  I am not a big fan of the word resolution...so, I'm making efforts this year.  The following are mine...setting them out there so I can be accountable!

  • Be better at money...spending, saving, etc.  I have a love hate relationship with money and debt.  It's been something I've overcome in the past, but feel like I need to put some energy here.
  • Be better to myself...cut some slack.  Treat myself to something substantial (shoes, clothing) each month.  I sometimes spend money on useless stuff and usually have nothing to show for it.
  • Take my lunch to work more often...along with the money issue, it gets expensive to eat out and can be a major drain on my bank account.  My plan is to pull $20 out on Monday for lunches for the week rather than relying on the evil debit card!
  • Get moving...do some sort of movement everyday.  Even if it is just walking Archie around the block, I need to  get my body moving.
  • Cook a new dish every month...I love to cook and it is my way of expressing my creativity.  I want to branch out and try something different.
  • Make connections with friends...make the effort to get together more regularly...even if it is a coffee date.
  • Reaffirm my relationship with God...not sure what this ultimately looks like, but really make the effort.  D and I say grace before all of our meals...continue and expand that in some way.
  • Really and truly figure out the jay oh bee situation...do I stay?  I always keep an eye out, but I think I need to make a real change.  That situation wont ever change and I can't wait for 2 years until my boss retires for something to happen.  
  • Connect with D...make the effort to be present when we are together.  We have a good relationship, but I think we forget to "date" and make the time for each other.
  • Help the family dynamic...it's a difficult thing to deal with, but I think for Meema's sake, we need to strengthen it.  Cousin and I have chatted about this and being the ones to lead the charge. 
  • Blog more...it's a good outlet to share what's happening.
I think this is a good start...look for updates periodically...a blessed and prosperous New Year to all!

No comments: