Friday, March 14, 2008

The End of Another Busy Week!

So, it's finally Friday and it has been quite a busy, but fun week...

Sunday, D and I met Mom, Meema and Alicia for another birthday dinner for D. We went to Costa Brava (the site of our rehearsal dinner). The food at Costa Brava is amazing...their tapas are so good and there is something for everything to enjoy. The service is exceptional...Javier, the owner, has staffed his restaurant with a mix of people to serve with style. We started off dinner with some tapas and a bottle of wine...choricito frito (spanish fried sausage), tortilla espanola (potato and egg dish), dates wrapped in bacon, marinated olives and seafood salad. Dinner was amazing...we ordered another bottle of wine and Mom and Meema ordered a garlic soup before their food arrived...D ordered a lamb dish, Mom had a porterhouse, Meema had a filet, Alicia had a salmon salad and I had a salmon stuffed with seafood. During dinner, we were treated to some flamenco entertainment. We had a great time enjoying good food, wine and company.

Monday was back to work and our department's monthly birthday potluck with a green and 50 theme...I made a pesto pasta salad. It was a long day because I didn't leave the office. D and I stopped at Costco to pick up some photos and the lazy me kicked in...I bought a roasted chicken for dinner. We snacked at Costco, so the roasted chicken wasn't eaten until much later and was combined with instant mashed potatoes. D went to play his softball game and left me on the couch watching Jon and Kate Plus Eight and Intervention before heading to bed.

Tuesday was another carpool day (we try for 2-3 times a week since we work so close). After we got home from work, I took a quick nap before heading out to Book Club. Danielle hosted our discussion of Three Cups of Tea. Mostly, the evening was filled with chit chat about life and gossip. We were all starting to head out around 9:30, but got sidetracked and stayed talking until almost midnight. About 11:30, D called me and said "I guess you're not dead"...I told him I'd be home soon. I left Danielle's feeling so happy to have met and become friends with such great women. I walked away thinking that we met because of a common thing in our lives (weddings), but are friends for so many other reasons! I finally got home around 12:30 to find a dark and locked home with a sleepy D trying to listen to my stories!

Wednesday was fine...D had a 6:00 softball game, so I decided to have a massage before heading home. My $59 monthly fee is so worth it...I belong to Massage Envy which saves me from intense knots and pain. I had a great therapist (Anjel) that I will definitely ask for in the future! She has the magic touch because I left feeling better, but not miserable with post massage pain. After my massage, I headed home to make dinner...Rachael Ray's Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms and Thyme with Orzo. It was really good...D ate a good portion and took the leftovers for lunch on Thursday. While we ate, we caught up on The Biggest Loser:Couples and One Tree Hill (yes I am 16!).

Thursday is another softball night for D, so it has become my night to visit Mom and Meema and the boys (cats...Oneder and Buttons). We usually have dinner and then every 2-3 weeks, Mom and I head to Palomar Institute of Cosmetology in San Marcos for a facial. We have been doing this since before the wedding as a relaxation...we have both noticed a great improvement in our skin. It is a relaxing hour! Also, at Mom's last night, my food processor arrived! Last week, Mom and I were out shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond and I told her I really wanted a good size food processor. We looked at the Kitchen Aid, which I love and matches my mixer. Mom said she had just seen the same one on QVC for a better deal with more attachments. So, we brokered a deal...Mom got our last gift card for BBB valued at $96 and she ordered me the food processor from QVC and paid the difference! It is so cool...I can hardly wait until I use it! It's at home now, I just need to find a home for it and get ready to use it!

It's been a great and busy week and now we head into the weekend...we have the All Greek Reunion tomorrow night. I am planning to be designated driver because D gets to be the frat boy with all his "brothers"...or, at least, that's how he's acted at the past three years. For some reason, women can hang out and be fine, but men revert back to their last stage! It's funny to see these grown (age wise) men acting like they are in their 20's again! I hope everyone has a great weekend...enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My name is Danielle and I have a confession... I <3 One Tree Hill too (shhh! Don't tell!) It was wonderful seeing you on Tuesday!!