Thursday, March 27, 2008

Positive and Negative...A Balanced Blog Entry!


So, it's midday at work...post lunch and I needed a venting (in a positive and negative way) blog entry today! The positive first...I just got back from meeting my husband (I love how that sounds!) for lunch. We work close to each other. I invited him to meet me for so many reasons: we are trying to get our act together financially and have been taking lunch every day (it became staggering to see how many debit card purchases were eating out, especially at lunch), I was sick for the better part of the week (I got the stomach flu while we were out with the family for Easter...which apparently with my family equals a pregnancy...not in my case this time!) and have not been up to my usual perky self, and lastly, I went out to dinner with my girlfriend Stella and her daughter Miranda to celebrate Miranda's fifth birthday and did not get home until almost 10:00. When I got home, D was busy with getting his tax stuff together for me to drop off today (leaving work early...woo hoo!) when I go see Mom, Meema, Oneder and Buttons and D did not come to bed until 1:00 a.m. So, we had lunch and got to spend some nice quality time together...it makes me smile!


Now, the negative...my friend came to me on the verge of tears after lunch. Her daughter is in the last trimester of her pregnancy and is having issues (bed rest, no lifting, etc.), so my friend who is an extremely conscientous employee has been leaving 30 minutes early to help her daughter and take care of the her 1 1/2 year old son. Apparently, her boss called her in (in front of another employee) to ask her how much longer she would be leaving early! This is so wrong! I feel so bad and can feel the hand of the others around her messing this situation up for her! I hate people who are negative and nasty and this has the hand of evil in it!


So, for all the highs of my day...there are lows also...hope everyone is having a good day free from nasty, negative and rude energy!

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I loved the high, not so much the low...isn't it funny how they do always go together!
P.S. I feel like I can comment on your blog now after we've met face to face...isn't it funny how that happens?

Pilar said...

Hey!!! That's GREAT that you both work close by... I've been thinking about it and I think I too work close by to you (I work on Via Vera Cruz, right across the street of Grand Plaza, directly in front of Glamour Nails)... maybe we can meet for lunch some time ;-)
That sucks for your coworker... Is there anything like a "vacation donation" program where you work so that other coworkers donate vacation hours so that she can leave early for a few days? Hope she can work it out.
Can't wait to GTG at Book Club!!! It's going to be fun :-)