Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life As We Know It...An Update!

So, the last week since my last blog has been quite eventful! Thursday, after running errands, I got to hang out and have dinner with Mom, Meema, Oneder and Buttons. It was nice to hang out and catch up on things. Friday was a long day at work...the situation has escalated into more than it should be. The worse part is that it is out of my control and there is not much I can do to change the situation! It's a difficult situation to realize that I am basically powerless and how I act and react is up to me! After work, D and I made a stop at his favorite place (CJ's Sportscards) for him to pick some stuff up for his addiction, I mean hobby :) and then headed home, where I proceeded to fall asleep on the couch for 2+ hours. Around 9:00 p.m., I roused myself and headed to bed (without dinner...too much irritation) and finished my book (The Friday Night Knitting Club, which is so good that I cried) and got a lot more sleep. I think this work situation stress is getting to me because I sleep so much!

Saturday morning, D got up and ran errands (got a haircut and went to the post office). He came home and we ate breakfast. We then got ready for our Sushi class at Great News . This was one of my Christmas gifts to D...it was fun and I'll post about this on it's own later (I have pictures of our class and the creations). After class, we did some grocery shopping and headed home to relax and become a part of our couches for the rest of the evening. We caught up on the DVR, including Biggest Loser: Couples and Dateline NBC (the mistaken identity story of the 2 college students Laura VanRyn and Whitney Cerak in an accident...they pronounced the wrong girl dead and realized the mistake almost 6 weeks later...so interesting). Our night was finished by watching and channel surfing between VH1 Classic and MTV Hits, amusing each other while laughing at Metal Mania and the other hits. It's free and fun entertainment!

Sunday, I was the cooking fool...I made us breakfast again (bacon and eggs), apple dump cake (to take to dinner at Mom's) and chocolate pecan blondies for my friend's birthday at work on Monday. After a relatively couch bound day doing laundry, D and I headed to Mom and Meema's for dinner. Since we go out on major holidays, Mom was planning a belated Easter dinner with ham and the fixings. We had a great time...I'm glad that D and I spent quality time with them and he agreed with me later!

Monday was another work day...my friend's (and partner/ally in this mess) birthday was over the weekend, so the morning started with my boss bringing Starbucks and then lunch from Daphne's. After work, D and I went straight to the gym for a workout before heading home. At home, I made sloppy joes and oven fried potatoes in honor of opening day for the San Diego Padres! Dinner was easy and the Padres won...woo hoo, it's my favorite time of the year!

Tuesday, our plan was another trip to the gym, but someone (not me) forgot their clothes. For me, yesterday was that day that I wanted to scream in the middle of an empty field from the pent up frustration. A trip to the gym is the last thing I wanted to do. Instead, we went home and D took a nap while I watched DVR episodes of Jon and Kate Plus 8 and The Hills. I felt so much better after this, until my dinner stuck to the bottom of the pan! I was about ready to throw it across the room and cry until D made me laugh over something so random and stupid that I was crying! After dinner, I went to bed early...too tired to make it through the Padres game (they won 2-1...yeah!).

Tonight is my weekly visit with Mom and Meema...we normally do it on Thursday, but they have plans tomorrow night. I hope everyone is well...take care of yourself!

No comments: