Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Drama Free Zone Declaration

So, I have been involved with a lot of situations filled with drama the last few weeks and decided that all this drama is taking it's toll on me. Between work, chapter and everyday life, I was so exhausted that last night, I couldn't even make it past 9:15 without my eyelids falling. Since we got back from EC on Sunday night, I have not stopped running. Monday was work and the Chapter which caused me to walk in the door around 11:15 p.m. By the time I finally stopped my mind running, it was way past midnight. Tuesday morning was bus driver appreciation breakfast. This is an annual event put on by our transportation department in recognition for their employees...all District staff are invited. Breakfast consisted of omelets, bacon, pancakes and the best golden nugget tangerines. It was a nice way to start the work day...except for the office drama that unfolded and continued throughout the day. Then, I took a 2+ hour lunch to attend a birthday lunch for Bunny at Olive Garden. Bunny is one of the sisters of our family friends (we attended her sister Mary's 65th birthday party a week or so ago). It was a nice break from work...there were 10 of us in attendance including Mom and Meema. We had a great time talking and celebrating Bunny's special day! After work, in spite of my exhaustion, I met D at the gym for a workout. I felt a lot better afterwards and then seeing that it was only 6:30 when we got home made me feel like something had been accomplished. I made dinner (salad, pork chops and leftover rice turned into fried rice) and lunches. After dinner, I took my stinky self into the shower. After I got out, I asked D if we could turn off the TV (nothing on) and just spend some quality "us" time together. I know we are married and live together, but with all the activity in our lives lately, I have been feeling like we haven't had much "us" time. I miss that time where it's just us together...he on his laptop and me reading or us talking without any distractions. This was a great plan until I could not keep my eyes open and fell asleep as soon as I put my book down. I apologize to him this morning and we were going to try "us" time again tonight after he got home from his 6:00 softball game. But I just got an email from my coworker and friend Maggie...she and her husband have Padres season tickets and can't make it to tonight's game and offered them to me. I called D and asked if he had to be at his game...he said no. So, now "us" time becomes a night out together at the Padres game. I am so excited to go to the game and spend the evening with D cheering on the Padres.

So...in honor of all the drama in my life, I now declare this a drama-free zone! If there is drama, keep me out of it...if there is stress, let it go! Enough is enough...peace out!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Hurray for drama free zones! Life is too damn short for it!!