Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sad Venting...

So, my usual cheerful blog will be preempted today because I feel like crap! First, D and I had a small disagreement...I overreacted to something and snapped at him. I was (and still am slightly) frustrated with a situation and this morning was probably not the time to address it. Then, I hit the wall today at work and came to a strong realization about my office. A little background... Things have been rough in our office for a while (snapping at each other, not talking and that kind of behavior) and last week, the boss has a chat with us that we don't need to be BFFs, but we needed to work together. Also, we were told no personal talk and no whispering (because people might think that you are talking about them). This sucks...it means that the people I spend the most time with each week (more than my husband or family) and we can't share our lives. So, this week is Spring Break which means a more casual environment and the boss is gone. This seems like the perfect time to do lunch, get Starbucks, but not in my office. I swear the morgue is noisier than this place ;) It all came crashing down in my face when my lone friend in the office (who I can't talk to because others may get offended) said that she was going to lunch with someone from another department and we were all welcome to join them. I can't because I'm leaving around noon for a hair appointment. The other two snapped saying they had plans. It was so sad...I have felt like I have wanted to break down since the big chat last week and today almost pushed me there. I guess the positive in this situation is that I'm getting ready to leave to get my hair done and won't be back to work until Monday. D's uncle passed away, so we are heading to El Centro tomorrow afternoon. I originally was going to work a half day tomorrow, but decided I needed the break. Although the reason for the trip to the EC is not good, I am looking forward to my Celia's dinner (such good Mexican food) and possibly a trip to Super WalMart! Off to get my gray hairs dyed and cut...peace out!

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I feel so bad for you re: the office situation. It just stinks because there doesn't seem to be much you can do about it, unless everyone decides to be friends -- and you can't force that on people. I hope things get smoothed over or something.

AND THANK YOU!! I got your package today, I heart you!! I was so happy, I felt so loved. I am so going to blog about it, after I perfect all my sex tips. JUST KIDDING! I just need to find the time. I am saving one for the airplane on Thursday when I fly home!!