Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh Doctor...You Can Hang a Star on That One!


Last night, after an especially challenging day for me, D and I went to a book discussion and signing by Jerry Coleman at Warwicks in La Jolla. For those who may not know, Jerry Coleman is one of the radio voices for the San Diego Padres. He has written a book entitled An American Journey: My Life on the Field, in the Air, and on the Air and had a speaking engagement to talk about his life and then sign copies of the book. D wanted to go to have Jerry sign his Hall of Fame bat, but the signing was limited to the book only. We arrived around 7:15 (the event was scheduled to start at 7:30) to find a crowded store. We purchased two copies of the book, found a space to stand and then, Jerry came out and began to talk. He is so interesting and has some interesting, non-nonsense opinions...I was so enthralled by his talk and was sad when the events coordinator cut him off to begin the signing. We had to wait a bit...we were numbers 88 and 89 in the signing queue. It was fun to listen to Jerry interact with the customers and neighbors who had come to get the book signed and meet him. We finally made it to the front...I got one copy signed as a birthday present for my cousin Jeff (transplanted San Diegan unhappily living in Cleveland until the right opportunity to move home is presented) and D got his copy signed for us. I was so impressed by Jerry Coleman...he is quite a legend and deserving of the praise that he receives.

After the signing, D and I headed to 99 Ranch Market in Kearny Mesa and had some dinner at Sam Woo. OMG...this is such good Chinese food! We ordered Won Ton Soup (I forgot to order the right one, but still good), plate of duck, house special fried rice and shrimp with scrambled egg (sounds gross to some, but it is so good). After dinner, we headed home to watch some news before crashing hard. After having my butt kicked all day, it was a nice way to end...all cuddled in bed with my husband forgetting all the BS of my day!

No comments: