Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to Work...It's Monday!

As I mentioned in my last blog, I had quite a week. Well, our social calendar continued to fill up with our attendance Sunday at a 65th birthday party of a dear family friend, Mary. We have a lot of family history with Mary and her family...my great grandmother (Meema's mom) and Mary's grandmother (her mother's mother) met when they were 18 and worked across from each other in Portland, Oregon. Their friendship has been passed down through generations and now my generation is having children and getting married. It's a cool history to have. So, after a lazy morning on the couch, D and I headed to Mary's house in Escondido. Her husband, Joe, coordinated an afternoon of eating, drinking, socializing and game playing. We had some Pat and Oscar's, played 2 Truths and 1 Lie and got to catch up with everyone. Then, we played a trivia word game similar to Huggermugger (I'd never heard of this). Basically, there was a 2 word, 14 letter phrase that we had to solve by answering trivia questions. My team consisted of D and my aunt Carol. We were quite the unstoppable team, answering 10 questions correctly in a row. At one point, the letters we had looked like the phrase was "Mary is a Bar Whore", but it wasn't! We ended up winning the challenge...the real phrase was "Wheelbarrow Man", which is something random Joe came up with. I did learn some random facts...60% of the babies in the US are circumcised each year, Rita Moreno won an Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy and other useless facts that will take up valuable space in my head! After most people had left, a group of us stayed and watched Mary open her gifts and chat a little more.

Before heading home, D and I went to Mom's to help her get something off near the pool equipment. We stayed at Mom's until 9:15 talking and catching up on things. We then headed home to get ready for the new work week...got Jeffrey's birthday gift ready to mail this morning and made lunch. I think I crashed first...I started reading and fell asleep long before D came to bed. I think he tried to talk to me, but I was so tired I couldn't even muster an "I love you". Now, it's a new week...we'll see what this crazy life has to offer!

No comments: