Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Catching Up...My Winter Break!

So, it's been quite a while since my last post. Somehow, I managed to survive the last week of work before winter break even with non stop activities. The end of work went well...the Nastys gave us little gifts, but I had not one ounce of feeling like I needed to make a last minute run at lunch. After work, we had our holiday party. It was a fun time and I made off with a $20 Starbucks card. With all the ones I've received, I will start 2009 very caffeinated. The rest of the weekend was spent having sushi and then breakfast with a friend visiting from Hawaii and finally ordering our holiday cards.

On the Monday before Christmas, D had to go in to work for a little bit, so I won the draw to go to Costco (in the rain) two days before Christmas. After 20 minutes of trying to find parking, I was able to get what I needed and it took me longer to park than I was in the store. Then after a quick stop at the grocery store, I headed home. D and I spent some time and were able to make the mail with our cards.

Tuesday, we were both feeling lazy, but then decided that we needed to get out of the house. We hopped in the car and it led us to Viejas where we walked around and had the buffet.

Christmas Eve felt a little off this year...my birthday celebration was postponed to that night, so D and I weren't hosting the family this year. It was also off because we were in grinchy moods and did zero decorating and shopping. Due to the crazy year, the family decided to keep it low key. Instead, I spent some time baking and we gave the family units a box of baked goods that included: Graham Cracker Toffee, Devil's Food Sugar Cookies, Caramel Pretzel Bites, Sweet Salty Spicy Nut and Pretzel Mix and Chocolate Chip Walnut Snowballs. For being a non baker, they all turned out well. D also got Mom a gift certificate to join me at a knife skills class in February while he is on his boys spring training weekend.

Dinner at Ruth's was great...Justin, our regular server, friend and adopted family member, and Tyler took great care of us. The family was all well behaved and had fun...

The Family
The Crazy Family less Cousin Cleveland

Meema
Meema

Justin
Justin being a smart ass while taking his own photo

Tyler
Tyler

Christmas Day was a rainy day. After a very lazy morning, D and I headed to Ramona to our family friends for dinner. Mom, Meema and Alicia met us there. After dinner, D and I went to see Marley and Me. It was cute, but the best scenes are shown in the previews.

Friday, I was really tired and achy. We ran around a little, but came home to relax again.

Saturday, again, I was tired and achy and spent most of my day on the couch while D ran around. That night, he took me out for some soup to help me feel better. By the end of the night, I felt awful complete with a sore throat...I got the flu!

So, for the last few days and during much of winter break, these have been my best friends...
Kleenex and Mug

Now, I feel a little better, but am still not 100%. Hope your winter break and holidays have been good...

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh, I'm sorry you've been sickies!!! Glad your Christmas was good!! I loved getting your card --you're so sweet!!