Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today, December 15 is my birthday...37 (yikes!) years ago at 9:06 a.m. and after 30 hours of labor, I made my entrance (via C section) into the world at a whopping 9 pounds, 8 ounces. Mom still calls me every year at 9:06 to wish me a happy birthday! In deciding to blog about my birthday, I am taking a huge step because I am not one who likes to excess attention. I am the only December birthday at work and have to endure standing alone as the office sings to me. Plus, I was not nervous about getting married, but blushed at the thought of my guests staring at me. Instead, I am celebrating me and the day. Because of my curiosity, I looked up December 15 on Wikipedia to see anything relevant that happened on this date.

Famous Births: Adam Brody (Seth from The OC), Don Johnson (of Miami Vice fame), Tim Conway, and Gustave Eiffel (engineer and architect of the Eiffel Tower) among many others.

Famous Deaths: Walt Disney and Sitting Bull

Famous Events: The Bill of Rights was ratified into law after passing the Virginia legislature.

It's a momentous day...so, happy birthday to me! Here's to another year of more great things!

3 comments:

Leona Raisin said...

You mentioned the December 15 birthday boy in your post. Unscramble letters for his name: [Nod On Johns] Play today's TV anagram game.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Pilar said...

Oh crap!!! I had been thinking about YOUR birthday for about a month now!!! Seriously, almost since your anniversary I was remembering last years Ornament Exchange ;-)and that you couldn't make it because of it... And then, this last week I was super busy at work and completely forgot about even sending an e-card :-( Ooops...
I hope you had a GREAT one!!! Happy Birthday!!!