Tuesday, February 17, 2009

4 Day Weekend into 3 Day Work Week!

I love 3 day weekends and this one was no exception...
  • Friday: After work, we decided to take care of getting tires for the SUV. Originally, this was going to be a tax refund project, but since D is driving to Arizona in it this week, it moved up the priority list. We went to Mission Valley Costco with the idea of killing time at Ikea during installation. WRONG! Poway (and Albuquerque) had our tires, so we headed north to Poway. The good thing about this Costco is that it is not usually busy. We placed our tire order and were told it would be ready around closing time (8:30) which meant almost 2 hours of time to kill. My Friday sleepy (and hungry) mindset was not digging this idea, but after some samples, time flew. We only bought one thing after wandering down every (and I mean every) aisle...D bought me a taste of Spain cookbook. We got lucky and our installation was done at 8:00. Then, D took me to Seau's for dinner...he called it our pre Valentine's dinner.
  • Saturday: Because we had bought tires for 2 (yes 2) cars in one week, we also had the expense of getting them aligned. So, off we went to the alignment center. After dropping both cars off, we walked to IHOP for breakfast. Apparently, everyone decided to do a Vday breakfast at IHOP...I have never seen it so crowded. After a nice breakfast together, we picked up the cars and went off on our errands for the day (haircut for D, last stop for D's supplies for Arizona, and Iowa Meat Farms). At Iowa Meats, we picked up our Vday dinner...marinated tri-tip. The rest of the evening was dinner (tri-tip, Caesar salad and garlic mashed potatoes)...we even broke out the big Mikasa balloon glasses...and spent some quality time together.
  • Sunday: We got up with all intentions of going for a walk, but after breakfast at Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad, it didn't happen. Instead, we drove out to 4S Ranch and shopped at World Market (so much I want there) and their amazing Ralphs for some groceries. After trekking through the county, we made it home for some more relaxation. Dinner was more from Iowa Meats (Italian herb marinated kabobs) and pasta with homemade pesto.
  • Monday: D had to run and meet someone to exchange stuff and I decided to stay in. I looked outside and saw the pouring rain and wanted no part in it. While he was out, I was quite the homemaker. I marinated chicken for dinner, baked some monster chocolate chip pecan cookies and made lasagna rolls for another night's dinner. It made it nice and cozy. I even got to talk to Cousin Cleveland and catch up with him. It was nice to catch up with him since I haven't talked to him for a while.

This week is kind of a mellow week at work...it's Ski Week or February recess for the schools. District office staff has Monday and Friday holidays this week...two 3-day weekends in a row for me...Sweet! Plus, since we're basically closed, it's comfy clothes (jeans) everyday. Today, new boss is here...she took us to lunch as a start to our time together. Speaking of new boss, she mentioned that she saw that I have a FB account because of the District network...this was weird for me. I guess it doesn't bother me as much since my profile is private and I don't post inappropriately. Anyways, D leaves after work for his boys Spring Training weekend in Arizona. Except for some things scheduled, I'm looking forward to some me time and maybe some house cleaning (yuck!) that really needs to be done. Have a great day!

No comments: