Friday, September 19, 2008

End of the Week Thoughts and Musings!

So, there is not much exciting going on right now. Which, for once, is a nice thing. Since I am leading a non-exciting normal life this week, I thought I'd share some random thoughts swirling around this head of mine...
  • Current Jay Oh Bee: Today, it's just me and one of the Nastys. In fact, she is probably the one with the most animosity toward me. I have lots of jobs closing and testing to be done, so the days are going quickly.
  • Prospective Jay Oh Bee: I interviewed on Wednesday and thought it went well. They asked questions about my leadership style and asked for examples of my experience. One of the questions was about my experience giving presentations...I told them about one I did for professional growth. As I answered the question, they all looked at each other and mentioned that was a great idea and that they should do one similar. Since leaving the interview, I jump every time my phone rings and can't stop thinking about it. This position would take me to the next step in my career and could take me so many other places, which would be a great advantage of working for a larger organization. Plus, they are on the same retirement system as I have been part of for the past 11 years, so my retirement potential could keep growing. (Oh my...that sounded like something my mom or other adult would say to me....could it be that I am growing up?!?) So, I wait to hear one way or another...I'll keep you posted.
  • D: He is getting ready to jump head-on into the intensive study world for his CPA. We've talked a lot about this and the short term sacrifices (study time, classes) versus long term benefits (better job opportunities and growth). In the end, it's ultimately the best thing for him career wise. He's applied to the California Board of Accountancy and now just needs to set up his study session schedule. So, within a year, he should have his CPA.
  • Mom and Meema: I got to see them last night. They are cleaning fiends right now and even bought the deluxe shredder to assist them with their tasks. Mom started the remodeling process for her bathroom this week. She is so excited to get this done. It's funny when she talks about her choices because she always tells D and I that they are not trendy choices. She is keeping them timeless and elegant so when we get the house we won't have trouble either living in it, renting it out or selling it. D and I don't care what she does to it...we're not counting the days until it's ours.
  • DVR/TV Viewing: So, after much debate, I've finally officially come to the conclusion that I am basically 30-something going on 16. Or, at least, that's how it would look if you checked our scheduled recordings on the DVR. In no particular order, I DVR 90210 (I still love the original...this one is mindless entertainment), Privileged, One Tree Hill, Jon and Kate plus 8, The Hills, Ugly Betty, The Office, and Dirty Sexy Money. I don't totally hog the DVR because I do let D record The Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles. And speaking of my 16 year old TV habits, don't be fooled by D saying that it is garbage. He protests that I watch them, but then always wants to know what's happening.

So, that's a lot of things in my head...I'm sure there is so much more, but I don't want to overwhelm. Have a great weekend!

No comments: