Monday, September 15, 2008

Updates on Life!

Happy Monday! It's been a relatively mellow week for me. There's things happening, but nothing too exciting.

Jay Oh Bee: As expected, the retaliation happened. It's been in subtle bitchy ways, but it's been easier to handle considering I knew it was coming. Also, I got a call on Friday regarding a position I applied for months ago. I have an interview on Wednesday afternoon. I'm excited at this opportunity...D asked if I was nervous or excited about it. To be honest, I get a little nervous during interviews (as evidenced by the blotchy neck), but I think I get more scared about actually getting the job. The whole confidence factor comes into play. We'll see what happens...if it's meant to be, it will all work out!

Life: We've been busy running around...we've been completing our Wusthof knife set thanks to a late wedding gift. We are now only missing the steak knives thanks to many sales and promotions happening during our shopping sessions. Baseball season is coming to an end, which means the autograph chasing is also coming to an end. We went to a Jake Peavy signing on Saturday. It's fun to go, but it gets a little old to stand in line for at least an hour waiting. After all, how many items signed by one player do we really need?!? I joke with one of our friends that we are going to have an Adrian Gonzalez bathroom...wallpapered with all the signed baseball cards and photos with a baseball bat towel rack. Hope my friends don't mind using the restroom while a baseball player stares at you...haha!

Babies: This seems to be a recurring theme lately...it started with Baby E's visit, then on Friday, my coworker in another department brought her 7 month old daughter in. Then, on Saturday, we hung out with our friends, John and Angela and their two daughters, Madelyn (4 months) and Brianna (2 years old). While we waited in line for Jake Peavy, I kept Brianna entertained...or should I say, she kept me entertained. I apologized for teaching her "Cheers", but we had quite the fun time and bonded. When she wanted to hold her mommy's full hands and didn't want daddy...she settled for me. For not being a "kid" person for so long, suddenly, I am into it. It will probably be another year before we think about trying, but it's becoming evident that I've been bitten by the bug.

News: It was sad to watch the news this weekend and see all the devastation brought by Ike. Also, for some reason, I was very interested in the Metrolink train crash in LA. I spent time reading about it and listening to the news about it. I think it just showed how the simple things we do in life (boarding a train to go home) can turn into tragedy. If you can, take a moment and remember those affected by events like this.

Well, the boss is out this morning and I've been less than productive. Have a great week!

No comments: