Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Triumph of Good Over Evil!

So, the original title of this post was going to be "Payback is a Bitch", but I decided that would be me allowing the Nastys to win. Last week, Nice CW and I went into the boss' office and told him the latest issues we have been having. Things like eyes rolled when we ask questions or tell them that someone is there to see them; showing up 10-15 minutes late EVERY day or leaving 20-30 minutes early when the boss is gone; and so many other things. The boss was not too interested in what we had to say and tried to pass it off as "personality conflicts", but we persisted with concrete examples. He told us that he would mention it at our weekly staff meeting without directly referencing our conversation.

This morning was our staff meeting and he laid it out. He told people that they need to adhere to their work hours...if you're supposed to be here at 7:30 then do it and if you're supposed to work until 5:00 then do that. Then, he reminded us to be respectful and courteous to our customers and each other (duh). The look on the Nastys faces were priceless! While I have no doubt that this will bring serious repercussions from them, I feel like I won a small battle today. My Nice CW and I have grabbed our power and what we will tolerate back...it feels really good!

BTW...the matchy matchy slide show is up on the photographer's blog. If you want to see more, email me and I'll send you the link. I don't want to post it since it has our family name on it. Surprisingly, we look really good and I like the pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I've been waiting for a good post about the Nasties! I seriously cannot believe how much they get away with. Things like that do not fly at my work so I don't understand how people can do that.