Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009...So Far

So far, 2009 has been pretty decent to me...with the exception of the bug that is living in me. I've been some kind of sick since Christmas and still am not feeling 100%. My visit to Urgent Care yielded a sinus issue diagnosis complete with horse pill antibiotics. I just about start to feel better and then it hits again. But, I'm not blogging to complain. Instead, I wanted to lay out my simple progress to achieving my 2009 goals..
  • Went to the gym this week and pushed myself way past my initial excuses and comfort level to work up quite a sweat...but I need to add some new stuff to my iPod this weekend to keep the motivation level up.
  • Have a 1st interview for the Director (my boss') job next Tuesday. Was not feeling all that confident about it when I turned in my application, but have decided to just ride out the process and see what happens.
  • Spent some quality time with D...nothing doing much, but just taking the time to really talk about things and what's in our heads. Sometimes, this is hard for me because I tend to hold it all in rather than sharing.
  • Spoke up for something I was annoyed with at work and I'm still alive :) I was so nervous, but wanted to be a positive change agent rather than let this little thing fester into something so much bigger. The boss was impressed and thanked me for the suggestion.
  • Watched the Oprah episode on spirituality which gave me some real thinking points and made me realize it's all connected!

Overall, 2009 has been pretty good to me so far! I do keep thinking about Michael and his philosophy of life...because of the short and precious nature of life, that was one heck of a way to live life! Hope 2009 is good for everyone!

No comments: