Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Progress Report!

Happy Tuesday! It was very nice to have yesterday off to accomplish a few things including going to the gym (alone), catching up with the new president, and making (at D's request) a pretty darn good cream of mushroom soup for dinner last night. In fact, I continue to roll on with my little accomplishments with some hiccups along the way. The latest updates:
  • Jay Oh Bee: After much trepidation and hesitation while being sick, I managed to get my application done and submitted for the boss's job. This morning, after more nervousness, I went through the first round of interviews. Honestly, I don't know that this is the right job for me, but I decided to go through the process for some more practice. Also, someone I trust here at work talked to me about this change and what it could mean for me. She also told me that no one knows I'm interested if I don't express my interest. As a coincidence (or not), she was on one of the panels and managed to make me feel good and proud of my accomplishments. I'll see what happens and have put it into a higher power's hands.
  • Housing Dreams: Sunday morning, D and I drove around some neighborhoods looking at houses. While we are not quite there yet, it refocused our intentions.
  • Gym Attendance: We made an effort and went to the gym last week and then, I went on my own yesterday. I feel like I am hitting the stride by heading to the gym. Granted, it still is not my favorite thing to do, but it is a great way to release some of this pent up energy.
  • D and I went on a date on Saturday...actually, it was a double date. One of D's friends from Utah is in a master's program in San Bernardino and needed a break. He and his girlfriend, Irena, came down. So, the four of us went to dinner at the Turf Supper Club and then, Extraordinary Desserts. Sunday morning, the four of us had breakfast at Pipes. It was fun and happened in spite of my pouty mood all day on Saturday.

All in all, things are good and seem to be progressing. Take care!

No comments: