Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Monday! I'm feeling a little bleary eyed this morning, although I don't know why. It's not like we had a rockin weekend or anything. Friday morning started in grand fashion...I slipped on my way into the shower. I'm sure D had quite a sight when he came in to see what all the commotion was. Basically, most of me was on the floor of the tub with my left leg dangling over the side. At that moment, I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry and if I didn't have work commitments that day, I would definitely have take a mental health day! Fast forward through a busy day of work (testing and presentation), to a finally Friday feeling. D and I were so burned out from the week that we finally used an Applebees gift card for dinner. Then, it was home to the DVR before an early (for a Friday) bedtime.

Saturday morning, the fall came to haunt me...I was sore from end to end. Since I promised D I would go to a signing with him, I made it out of bed. After the signing, D went off with his friend and I went grocery shopping. OMG...grocery prices are insane! I stuck to the necessities (and even cut back on those) and still felt like we needed to go on a hunger strike for a while. At home, the groceries got put away and I parked on the couch. At one point, I fell asleep and was out so hard, I didn't even hear D come home. We both decided to take a nap (which ended up being 2+ hours). We were supposed to attend a Halloween party that night, but I was still so wrecked, we cancelled and stayed home.

Sunday, we cleaned around home (it's definitely a work in progress). I ran out to get the last of what I needed. Then, I morphed into Suzy Homemaker making pasta salad for lunch this week and stuffed shells to pop in the oven for dinner one night. I was so proud of myself that I accomplished so much. The rest of the day/night was spent relaxing and hanging out.

Now, it's Monday of another busy week and I'm hoping that this week does not work us both into exhaustion. Have a great one!

No comments: