Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to Work...What Happened to My Time Off?!?

Happy Monday! Today is my first day back to work in nine days...that is one of the nice benefits of working for a school district. We have the option of working some of the days during breaks, but it's become my plan to take off Thanksgiving and Winter breaks and work the others. It was definitely a nice break and needed. We were so busy...
  • The first weekend of break was kind of a lazy time for me...a little grocery shopping and a haircut....other than this, it was a lot of bonding time with the couch!
  • Monday: Slept in a little before heading north to Mom's. We had promised we would help get some shopping done and pre-TG prep done. After a nice lunch, we hit some grocery stores and headed back to Mom's. I helped Mom get some of her dishes done and ready for Thursday.
  • Tuesday...our 2nd Anniversary: We had breakfast at Richard Walker's Pancake House, spent some time at the Glider Port, and ended with dinner (and karaoke watching) at Cafe LaMaze.
  • Wednesday: D had an appointment with a recruiter, so I headed to Mom's to help a little more. It was all finished and ready to go by late afternoon. D and I then went to pick up a baby shower gift and had an early dinner (at happy hour prices) at BJ's Pizzeria. This is quickly becoming one of my new favorite places to eat...so good!
  • Thanksgiving Day: Started out lazy before heading to Mom's. I was helping her finish prep and set the table while D helped with turkey prep. We all sat down and had a nice family dinner with a few additions. D and I hung out and didn't make it back home until after midnight!
  • Friday: I'm not sure if it was the turkey or what, but I was feeling really lazy! D went off to do some photography and I stayed home reading. That night, Mom and her friend from Tucson (Uncle Festus) came down and the 4 of us went to dinner. We also did some driving around town...Uncle Festus and Mom have been friends since they were 14 years old. It was a fun night!
  • Saturday: Originally, Uncle Festus and D were going to check out the Navy Exchange, but we got an invite to dinner at Ruth's by Uncle Banking Mogul. Dinner was in honor of Cousin Cleveland's official move back home. We all had fun as only this crazy family unit can! We even started talking about December plans...my birthday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
  • Sunday: We had an open house/baby shower to attend. Hippie Girl and I have known each other for 20 years...we met in the cafeteria at Palomar College and bonded over breakfast. She is due with a baby girl on December 16 (day after my birthday) if she makes it that far!

So, now, it's almost December. I'm hoping for a good end of the year...D did not get the job in Carlsbad. However, he has one confirmed and one pending interview scheduled this week. I am holding out hope that it will all come together! In the meantime, the spirit is in the air! Have a great day!

No comments: