Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Whines!

WARNING: This entry probably has a lot of "whine" in it, so you might want to settle in with some cheese and crackers! I am this close to admitting defeat and heading into a big open field for one long scream. I feel like all the cliches and more...swimming up stream against the current...with all the stuff happening in my life right now. In contrast to what others experience in life, I am fully aware that this bump in the road is nothing, but I'm having a hard time feeling like I'm going to come out in one piece when all this dust settles! So, my whines today include:
  • EDD...because D was honest and listed that he was taking a class (CPA Prep Class in the evenings plus a one afternoon photo class) on his claim form, they have delayed his unemployment until they can conduct a phone interview (scheduled for Saturday).
  • D's lack of employment is REALLY starting to get to me on so many levels. I know that he's looking and there are not a lot of positions out there, but I am ready for this to end. (The Friday interview went went - 3 hours long - and he heard that they liked him. We are just in the waiting game now.)
  • Nasty's pregnancy...she is milking this for all the attention it's worth and the boss is buying into it. She acts like she is the first women ever to be pregnant and that being pregnant is such a burden. It got to me today...the boss commented that she was getting bigger (her bump) and Nasty made the ugliest face. I am not the knee-jerk kind of responder, but I said "You don't look too happy about this". To which she responded, "I'm not feeling well,". It just hit a nerve for me...I think it's the lack of sensitivity that gets to me.

And, now some positive notes...

  • Our airfare for the June South Carolina trip for Uncle Banking Mogul's 65th birthday family vacation has been taken care of. I guess he decided he (and the Mrs.) want all of us to be there without the stress of figuring out how to pay for it. It was an undeniably generous gesture!
  • I've been in quite the cooking and baking mode...it helps my stress level go down slightly. This week, I made homemade vegetable beef soup and baked (which I hardly ever do) peanut butter chocolate chip muffins and homemade beer cheese bread.
  • Our 2nd anniversary is next week...I can't believe it's been 2 years!
  • Thanksgiving is also next week which means family time and celebrating the return of Cousin Cleveland back to San Diego.

Thank you for reading this...it helps me get it out of my system and hopefully release it from my head! Have a good Wednesday!

No comments: