Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another Day at the Jay Oh Bee...Ranting and Venting!

Holy crap pretty much summarizes my feeling as of this moment. I'm caught in between sickness, sadness and anger and am not really sure how to deal with this latest turn of events with the jay oh bee. As you may recall from prior posts, our office has some issues that include compassion, cooperation, communication and just a general lack of teamwork. A few months ago, the boss called each of us in to talk about the situation and then we had a staff meeting to air it out. Then, last month, he decided that we should go to lunch together while he covered the office. Our first lunch was rife with manipulation...the Nastys came to work in tennis shoes (never happened before) and walked (knowing I can't) to the lunch place. Then, the meal was tense and uncomfortable to say the least with a comment made that I wouldn't have heartburn if I'd walked to lunch. It's that kind of crap that happens everyday and has not changed. So, tomorrow was supposed to be our next lunch and everyone was dreading it (no one said anything, but we could tell from the attitude and lack of conversation about where and when).

This morning, the boss asks us all to get together for a quick staff meeting. During this meeting, he tells us that we serve our customers excellently, but we basically suck at working and communicating with each other. And, lunch tomorrow (at least his participation) has been cancelled. He told us that he hopes that he treats us each professionally and that he wants us to do the same with each other. He asked if anyone had any comments or anything to say, but there was silence. What did he think we would say?!? I'm suspecting that the Nastys are up to their old tricks again, but I can't be sure. I'm almost positive that one or both went to the boss and told him that we suck and are rude, mean and inconsiderate. At this moment, I don't know what to do. At this moment, I'm stuck in between yelling, screaming and crying that if I went in to talk to him, I would be irrational and angry. The other part of me going in there would be like a tattle tale, but I know that he would take their side because, after all, he's worked with them longer and has a stronger relationship with them (his words, not mine). So, at this moment, I choose to retreat inside my thoughts and try to get some work done. It's easier for me to keep to myself rather than talking to others at this moment...I don't want to act on pure emotion and want to wait until I feel more rational. This sucks the big fat one!

So, sorry to be the "Negative Nelly" and unload this onto the blog, but I needed to get it out of me. Hopefully, I can start to process this information and figure out what to do.

No comments: