Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mama, I'm Coming Home1

Well, it's not just the title of an Ozzy song, but also what's happening to me. The travel loop that has taken me to Scottsdale, Arizona, home for one night (less than 24 hours), to Seattle Washington and Vancouver Canada is now taking me home. To be honest with you, I'm a little sad because the last two weeks has been more than I could ever have imagined. Once I get home and download my photos, I'll blog and share my adventures. Some highlights include being near a stinky (body odor ridden) person at least once a day ever since Scottsdale, eating our way through the cities and getting on buses (that we probably should never have been on) in search of restaurants we read about in Lonely Planet or saw on some food show and so much more. I have not thought about much in the "real world" since I've been travelling...D and I have talked about things in general concepts and how we want to handle our respective jay oh bees, but no thought has been given to what has been happening there...for once, being on vacation and not really caring or worrying about what's going on there feels REALLY good...it's a healthy thing for me to walk out a door and leave it there and not take it home with me. I just hope that this time away has ingrained that thought permanently into my psyche.

So, with that, I leave you...I have some last minute enjoying of my humble home away from home...and of course, spending the last alone time with D before we hop back into the crazy (but happy) life we lead at home. Until the next blog...take care and have a great day!

No comments: