Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Countdown Has Begun!

The countdown to vacation has begun...I only have 5 work days left until I'm out of work for 11 working days. I think this is the first time that I will be gone from work this long without it being break or holiday. I have a lot to do before I leave on my whirlwind trips, but I'm trying not to get too stressed about it. I think that we're going to knock out the massive amount of laundry this weekend.

As for the jay oh bee, I think I've already mentally checked out. I have an "I don't care" attitude about things. Yesterday was the launch of the online application system. I think in the long run, this will be a good thing, but as of today, I am more stressed about the process. I have difficulty moving forward with a project that I don't fully comprehend or know how to deal with. Plus, I dread telling the useless idiots in my office how to use it because their response will be blank stares and forwarding all calls to me. My goal is to try to get a grasp on the system in the next week (if possible) and then when I get back from vacation, start to implement it little by little. Life with the Nastys has been the same...this week has been a little less stressful because a Nasty has been out both Monday and Tuesday...alone, the Nasty power is less than when they are both here. Although, the Nasty that hates me (yes, she hates me and would destroy me if she could!) has once again exceeded her nerviness...she is making calls for interviews and rather than giving her direct extension, she's been giving the main extension. The reason for this...she doesn't want to answer her own line (we had a big discussion about this about 6 months ago) which makes for really poor customer service. So, my response to callers this morning, "I can transfer you to her (voicemail) and here is her direct extension." Two can play this mind game!

The 4th of July stress has been solved...Mom initially wanted us all to make a Ruth's run on Friday, but D and I didn't want to spend that kind of money before we leave and didn't want them to pick up the tab. So, instead, we're doing a barbecue (and maybe utilize Mom's washer and dryer) at Mom's. Uncle and Aunt Banking Mogul are headed east for a visit with Baby E and family, so it will just be a small group. I'm not sure what my contribution will be, but will probably make something fun.

Well, I better get back to work before I totally lose any focus on work. Have a great day!

No comments: