Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Recap...Back to Work!

It's Monday after a long and busy weekend. We kept pretty busy and active this weekend...we started out a little rough on Thursday. I was a little emotional about selling the Jetta and what that meant and then D had a run in with our (drunk)neighbor. As he was coming out to help me unload the car from my WalMart run, she cornered him and asked him why we were hogging the street parking. We have 3 (was 4 cars)and we usually park 2 in our space and then have one on the street (which is public), but lately with our crazy schedules, one of us parks on the street and one in the driveway. D was pretty irritated by this, especially considering we don't complain about their drunken parties and having friends over who smoke outside our front door and who get so loud that we have to close our front door. Plus, the slamming screen door at all hours of the night...with all this on a regular basis, we never complain about them. All of this garbage and more mixed together led to excess stress for both D and I...so much that neither of us got more than 3 hours of sleep on Thursday night.
  • Friday: We carpooled and left work around 3:00 to take care of the personalized plate transfer from the Jetta. AAA made our lives so much easier rather than having to make a visit to the DMV. After this was done, D and I had an early dinner at Sam Woo and then made a stop at Costco before heading home. Once home, we did the license plate switches and installments and cleaned that last traces of me out of the Jetta. The rest of the night was spent on the couch watching the Padres lose (again) , The Next Food Network Star and picking up the living room area.
  • Saturday: El Ron and Perlina came up to visit and escape the EC heat (it's already been close to 120 there). We went to the Jake Peavy signing in Mira Mesa. We got there early, so Ron, Perlina and I made a Starbucks run and then did some early morning browsing at Mervyns and Bed Bath and Beyond. Jake signed our team bat...the man next to him told me that it looked like (with all the signatures) I got around...to which I replied, "Don't tell my husband". Jake and the man got quite a laugh out of that. After the signing, we headed to the coast for breakfast at Pipes in Cardiff followed by a stop at the Carlsbad outlets. They were having a sale at Coach, so D and I ended up getting passport wallets and a new everyday wallet for D. The, we made a stop at Cycle Gear (Ron wanted to look at helmets) and then Fashion Valley. Since we were there, I decided to get my eyebrows done at the Benefit Brow Bar at Macy's (Ryan does a great job). While we were waiting, Perlina and I ended up getting cornered by the girl at the Benefit counter to try some of their products. I fell in love with what she did and ended up buying a few things. We then headed home to relax for a while before heading out in the evening. We went to dinner at the Butcher Shop (crappy waitress...did not know how to serve wine and was lame in all ways) and then to see "Get Smart". I liked the movie and was highly entertained, but then again, I like stupid humor.
  • Sunday: I had to meet Dianna around noon at Mom's to transfer the Jetta, so I took it to get washed and put some gas (it was on E and I needed to make it to Mom's). She came around 12:30 and the transaction was completed. I was a little sad as I watched her drive away, but also relieved that it had been taken care of. After spending a little time with Mom, D and I went to a late breakfast at Beach Break before making another stop at the outlets. D wanted to pick up a pair of shoes he'd seen the day before. We made a stop at Henry's for some groceries and then headed home. I fell asleep on the couch for a while before watching The Next Food Network Star. The rest of the evening was spent making lunches and other random things...I think I fell asleep during Ice Road Truckers.

This week is short and there is not much happening...D has month end/quarter end close this week. I know that they need to have month end done by Thursday afternoon, so he'll be pretty busy with work. I need to start getting organized for Scottsdale and then our Seattle trip...it will be here before I know it. Have a great day!

No comments: