Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cranky Over Worked and Stressed!

So, I think I am just one cranky, overworked and stressed woman this week. I have lots and lots happening at work (something on my calendar everyday except Friday) and the Nastys are still at their jaw dropping hellish behavior. This makes me want to scream from the roof to see them not answering the phone when they aren't doing anything. Also, why do I email details of something I am working on and need people to be aware of when they don't pay attention?!? It is seriously a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation. Anyway, I don't want this to be a work vent session...I have other things on my mind today...


  • Tuesday night was book club...which is funny that we call it that. I think it's just an excuse for us to get together, eat, drink and catch up on that life has to offer. We always do them in the middle of the week and our talks last longer than they should on a work night. It's good free therapy for all of us...I love learning about other's lives and seeing that I am not totally off base and crazy (no comments from the peanut gallery!) because we all have those things in our life that make us who we are. Friendship, in any form, is a good thing for the soul!

  • Vacation dilemma...D and I really need a vacation and have planned to be gone in July. The problem is that where we originally planned to go (Seattle and Vancouver) is hellishly expensive and more than we want to spend for what we get. I've been looking online and have seen deals to the Carribean for less than it would take us to get to the Pacific Northwest.

  • Then, to add to the vacation wrinkle, D forwards me an email from his best friend Steve(wannabe chef masquerading as a biotech financial guy). Apparently, Steve has rented some sailboat and will be sailing/cruising the British Virgin Islands in late August. He invited us to go...all we'd be responsible for is airfare and food. But, there are two huge problems that prevent this from solving the vacation issue...first, I work in education and school starts in late August and we are almost forbidden to take any time off during that time...it is such a crazy busy time that we can't be gone. Second, Baby E and his parents will be here and we have family overload scheduled then...Meema's 87th birthday, family pictures and some sort of family extravaganza planned. It would so be the perfect solution and I'm frustrated that this amazing opportunity is there, but we can't take advantage of it.

  • Oh, then speaking of family, D's brother calls yesterday morning and tells him that D's nephew's high school graduation is on Thursday and his niece's community college graduation is Saturday. So, the crazy people we are, we are leaving work early to drive to the EC for the nephew's graduation and then driving home after. We can't go back Saturday because we are going to Burbank for D's other niece's baby shower. With gas prices, there goes dinner for the rest of month...top ramen here we come! Haha!

I think that there's more to my cranky stress load, but my mind is so cluttered, that I'm done for now!

No comments: