Friday, June 13, 2008

Hanging on the Cliff...Finally Friday!

In case you've missed my blogging entries this week, I am still so tired! Our social calendar has been so full (and will be through Sunday), that D and I see each other at bedtime and in the morning. It's difficult to have life altering discussions when we're both half asleep. I was looking forward to some quality time tomorrow (Saturday) night, but I found out our "child" Steve (finance guy in denial about wanting to be a chef from NYC) will be staying with us until Monday. I'm so tired and full of stress that I almost melted down on D yesterday while we were on the phone...no crying occurred, but there was my trademark "I'm over it" uttered at least once.

Last night after work, I met my friend, Charissa, for dinner at Panera. She is Chapter Advisor at UCSD and we met last year at Summer CAmp (educational training for Chapter Advisors). We met in the airport in Minneapolis (on our way to Indianapolis), sat next to each other on the plane (by coincidence) and became fast friends. I had not seen her since last summer, but we have emailed regularly. We were meeting so I could get something that her Chapter had borrowed, but it was really an excuse to get together. We chatted and at one point, tried to figure out what time it was (dark)...we were thinking around 8:00, but it was after 9:00. We laughed because we had been there since 5:30. We decided to make our exit. I headed home to an empty home...D went to the gym with a friend and then made a post workout stop at Denny's. I got a few things done (gift wrapped, Reader crossword puzzle, and tried to find a photo we were going to frame) before crawling into bed with my book (Loving Frank...so good!) and falling asleep.

Today was the "team building" lunch with the Nastys and Nice...wow, can we say awkward?!? The boss gave us $30 for lunch...I tried to decline the use of his money, but he became irritated and angry when I did so. The other nice paid for her own lunch and snapped when I tried to pay for both of our lunches. We went to a taco shop down the street...the Nastys walked and I drove us...it was too hot and my ankle would not have survived the walk in my current shoes. In all honesty, I think this was all planned...they both had on sneakers today. So, the Nastys arrive, order lunch and we all sit there in awkward silence trying to find topics that are general. It was so obvious that none of us wanted to be there. There was $12 left from lunch...the Nastys wanted to split the money...I suggested either saving it for next time or give it back to the boss. What...we'd pocket all of $4 each...is that such a make or break amount of money?!? Then, I mentioned that I had heartburn from my lunch...the Nasty says "Well, maybe a walk would help your heartburn". My response was that then I would not have heartburn, but I wouldn't be able to walk without pain for a few days. OMG...I would NEVER say crap like that to people...just when I think the audacity and bitchiness has reached it's highest level, she surprises me!

Vacation Update...D and I are back to our original plan of Seattle and Vancouver...airfare dropped again (Jet Blue, here we come). D booked our place in Vancouver today and we just have the other details to work out. We both need a vacation so badly and to be gone from our jobs...this will be such a good thing!

Weekend...finally here, yeah! D's off to a signing tomorrow morning and I'm going to relax and do my Father's Day shopping...what to get the banking mogul uncle who has everything and could buy what he doesn't have?!? My thoughts are either a bottle of his good booze (blue or black label is no longer good enough...he's moved onto gold label) or a gift card to Nordstrom to shop. I hate the gift card idea, but am out of the creative ideas. Sunday, we are doing dinner at banking mogul uncle and aunt's deluxe apartment in the sky (they live in a high rise near Balboa Park) house along with a teleconference with Baby E.

Have a great weekend...peace out!

No comments: