Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Catching Up!

Okay, I will start my entry today by saying that I am so tired this week! Running around like crazy people has taken it's toll on me...and to top it off, D and I will not be home together any night this week. We both have something going on every day, so I joke that we are like two ships passing in the night. Sunday, our only free time this weekend, was spent entertaining Steve (who is visiting from New York) and Sam who came to watch the Padres game and then the Lakers/Celtics game. They finally left around 9:30. So, our precious last moments of the weekend were spent with D trying to get some work done so he could take Wednesday off to hang out with Steve and me curled on the couch next to him...together, we watched the season premiere of Ice Road Truckers. It was a moment of bliss...

Monday started with the office meeting...I was snapped at by one of the Nastys and then the other Nasty got credit for something I had done. In other words, just another great day at work. Later on in the day, we got an email that a date for Nasty's wedding shower...it's the day before the other date when my nice coworker and I are both on vacation...guess what?!? The new date is the day before when we are both still on vacation...oh well! So, I took the power back and decided I was sick and tired of being the perceived villain in the situation. I sent an email to the Nastys with a copy to my boss saying "I will not attend Nasty's shower because, as previously noted, I will be out of town." Who knew that such a simple sentence could bring me such power, confidence and self esteem?!?

Last night, I met my friend Christine for dinner at Macaroni Grill. She brought her new (almost 4 months) baby, Caroline to dinner with us. The baby is so cute and so well behaved...we told her that she had come to her first (of many) girl's nights out. We caught up on life and after many glasses of iced tea and conversation, we went our separate ways. I headed into the mall on a mission...look at Macy's for any shirts for D (none) and a birthday gift for a party I'm attending on Friday. I know that the woman loves Philosophy products and had ordered a cool set on QVC, but I haven't received the "your order has been shipped" email yet. Fortunately, Nordstrom carries the brand and I had a $20 certificate to spend there. I debated between two things and ended up with green apple body scrub, shower gel and a yummy tasting and smelling lip balm. Today, in my adventures, I'm going to buy some green apple jolly ranchers and some ribbon with apples on it and make her a gift box/basket. I was also so excited when I got home last night...my new passport came in the mail...I am officially known as Mrs D...now, we can go somewhere exotic for our vacation...if only we could figure out where!

Tonight, D is going to the Padres/Dodgers game with Steve...the hooky time starts this afternoon for him. I have no plans other than get my gift ready for Friday and become close friends with our couch! I need to relax because I am on the verge of burn out...happy day to you!

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Whew! Busy girl!

I don't think you should go to her shower anyway -- she isn't nice to you!

(btw -- I need your address, I have something for you!)