Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Still Really Tired and Other Stories!

I am still so tired...this morning, the alarm went off and turned on the radio. Both D and I are trained to hear the top of the hour "From the Shores of Montezuma" and know that it's close to time to get up. However, this morning I slept through it all and woke to a plane flying overhead. In our world, that means it's 6:30 or later...or time to be getting ready. Somehow, I made it out of the house with time to do the car shuffle and mortgage an organ to fill the 4Runner with gas ($68.44...thank you very much!). I've been driving the Jetta this week since I filled it on Monday (only $58.55) and it gets good gas mileage. Yes...we have not yet sold the Jetta and we really need to get this done.

The busy life continues...last night, I made some stops before heading home. WalMart at lunch yielded me a nice white linen outfit for the low cost of $40 for pants and jacket...I need an all white outfit for my conference in July and had been contemplating spending at least twice that online. Now, I need white shoes. After work, I went to Michael's for a basket and ribbon...I decided that a gift bag was not good for my gift this Friday. Since I got some shower gel, scrub and lip stuff, I decided a bath basket would be great. My only thing is that I could not find ribbon with apples on it (shower stuff is apple scented) and thought I could find it a Michael's. Oh well, the green ribbon I bought will work fine. Since D was headed to the Padres game with Steve, I decided to relax at home. I made myself a fine salad with some chicken that I cooked...and I had a glass (or two) of Two Buck Chuck Merlot. My couch and I got reacquainted over bad TV surfing and DVR catchup (Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Work Out). I later realized that I had an Elizabethtown DVD that I borrowed that I could have watched. I'm almost 100% positive that D will not want to watch this one with me.

D got home from the game around 11:00...I was on my way to sleep and apparently, my eyes closed does not mean that I am asleep (or close) to D. He started talking to me...I can't resist talking to him because we hadn't talked all day and I love our talks before bed. We were almost asleep when D's phone rang which scared the crap out of me...no good phone calls happen after 11:00. But this time I was wrong...it was Larry (husband of D's pregnant niece) wanting to know about what site we use to download music. D walked him through what he could with promises to call later.

Today is another busy day...I'm leaving work around 3:00 to head to a Fraternity/Sorority Advisor Meeting at school. Then, I'm heading to see Mom and Meema. I think Mom needs to make another Home Depot run (hence my use of the 4Runner today). Speaking of the job, my nice coworker and I have (finally) come to the conclusion and realization that the Nastys are just that and always will be. In fact, today, I asked one of the Nastys to turn her music down (it was so loud that I couldn't hear my own music in my office)...of course, she had a reply that was not "Sure, I'll turn it down", but instead, it was "It's the radio station and blah blah blah". Not one ounce of regard for others...oh, I can only home the Karma train knocks her on her behind at some point down the line!

Well...speaking of the jay oh bee, I better get back to it. I'm ready to go to lunch, but can't because of the dynamics today...oh well, 30 minutes till I can go! Have a great day!

No comments: