Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh, What a Busy Life We Lead!

So, the last several days have been so busy that there are barely moments to carve out quiet time. A recap...
  • Friday, I went on the Layoff World Tour helping my boss cover half of the District by delivering notices to the sites...thank you California legislature and governor for the cuts to education! It was a sad reason to visit sites, but it was good to see some of my friends that I don't see often and to meet others that I email or speak to on the phone.
  • After work, I had girls night...I met up with some friends in Fashion Valley for drinks and then to see Sex and the City. Uno's was good...I am now in love with Uno's pizza skins...yum! The movie was good and a total chick flick...we had fun being like the Star Wars geeks who dress up...only this time, it was women in dresses and heels!
  • Saturday was a jammed packed day...we started off at CJ's (aka D's favorite place) for a Bob St. Clair signing (no idea who this man was...only that he played for the San Francisco 49ers), then to late breakfast/early lunch at Parkhouse Eatery (crappy service, but good food), then to Costco, Ikea (new lamps for the ever evolving living room from bachelor pad to married couple's place) and finally, Babies R Us (my least favorite place on the earth). D's niece is due in July and we are going to her family baby shower this weekend. We (I...D just pushed the cart looking bored and nodding his head automatically when I asked him a question) had a challenge finding decent gifts...I'm a little anal about shopping and registries. If I don't like what they have or want, I'm not too excited to shop and buy things. We ended up with some things and her diaper bag which will function as the gift bag once it is adorned with ribbon and rattles.
  • After arriving home exhausted, we watched Top Chef (made me want a steak so badly) and then the MMA thing on CBS. That was interesting and gross! While watching this brutality, I made dinner and D assembled the lamps. It looks really good and gives a softer vibe to our living area. It's definitely a work in progress!
  • Sunday became our clean out cabinets and relax around home day...I left for a while for a trip to Trader Joe's (and I forgot about Sunday at the Rock and the traffic, but did okay timing wise). I did almost get caught up in the Rock and Roll Marathon traffic, but headed home instead of my other planned stops. D left later and took stuff to Goodwill for donation and then to take our other lamps to storage...but he forgot the key. I made dinner (steak) and we hung out watching TV (The Next Food Network Star, DVR episode of Behind the Badge, Ice Road Truckers preview) before I headed to bed while D started working. It's month-end close week, so I don't get to spend a lot of face time with him.
  • Monday was crazy busy at work...like, I almost had a panic attack stressful and so busy, that D emailed me a few times and I didn't have time to answer him. Then, I headed to meet my friend for dinner, but after waiting at the restaurant for almost 40 minutes, realized our dinner was next Monday. Ooops! Instead, I had an impromptu visit with Mom, Meema and the boys.

Well...my crazy busy week continues and I should get to working...hope to continue to update this week on the happenings...take care!

No comments: