Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Thoughts!

SO, I've become a big fan of the bulleted blog/life recap thing...it's easier to organize my thoughts and what I want to say...
  • Work is still the same and busy as the end of school approaches. There is a level of stress that gets ramped up at this time. We all try to manage it, but it always takes us over. My work week started with me being thrown under the bus...my boss brought up a petty issue in our staff meeting and I could see the Nasty pulling the puppet strings. It's such childish behavior that they continually exhibit and it sucks that the big guy gets sucked into it. I'm doing better with this whole situation, but it still amazes me how stupid and petty this all is and continues to be...
  • Last night, Maggie Bean (my nice co-worker across the hall) gave D and I tickets to the Padres game again. D and I made amazing time from walking out our door to being in our seats before the game started...one hour to be exact. This door to door time included both D and I picking up dinner (Submarina for me, L&L for D), parking and buying trolley tickets (it's so worth the money we save on parking), special trolley that dropped us very close to Petco's gates, checking in and getting to our seats with 20 minutes to spare. We had fun, but the Padres lost. Last night, I realized that I have a funky thing that grosses me out at the games...the Swinging Friar creeps me out in general, but I am especially creeped out by his feet! Everything they do the "stomp stomp clap clap" thing and show him on Friar Vision, I can't look. It's a quirky thing that makes D laugh...random, I know!
  • I saw something on MSN online this morning that slightly disturbs me and is thought provoking...it was about being multiracial in America. D is of Pacific Islander (Filipino) descent, yet I don't think of us as an interracial couple...I see us as D and J. I know that our children will be multiracial, but I don't think that way. Mom always teases us that our kids will look like those on Jon and Kate Plus 8. Plus, a few weeks ago, we had dinner with friends (same type of couple as D and I) and the wife said that she realizes that she will not have blond blue eyed children like she'd always thought she would. I think this is an odd statement because you knew who you married and they aren't magically going to be blond and fair. It's the way of the world now that lines are crossed in relationships, but for the media and society to perpetuate this "different" label is wrong in my mind. But I don't think of people as their skin tone or descent...it's just something that furrowed my brow and made me think and know that I will have children who fall into this category.
  • Summer vacation planning...D and I are getting ready to finalize plans for us to go on our delayed honeymoon. As it stands now, I am going to Scottsdale (because there is no cooler place to go in the summer) for a convention for 4 days and then, after I get back, we'll leave and go somewhere for a week or so. Our original plan is Seattle and Vancouver. But Mom just sent me something that Sandals resorts is having a 50% off and free nights promotion. I looked at the website late last night and saw what a deal we could get...the only thing is that responsible me (when did that happen?!?) is thinking that spending more on a trip is not a good idea. Then, I remember that we socked away our stimulus check and are getting ready to sell the Jetta which could help pay off the trip sooner...it's such a dilemma for me. But I think that D and I deserve this and really want to make it a special thing for us and we need a real vacation to relax and enjoy each other! I emailed D the website because the offer is expiring soon...I'll leave it in his hands. I'll keep you posted on the vacation plans...

Well, I better get back to what I should be doing...have a great day!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Gooooooooo!!!!!!!!! You should splurge every now and then, and since you guys didn't really take a honeymoon, you should go to Sandals. We absolutely loved our time there and it will be worth every single penny!!!