Monday, May 26, 2008

So, it's Monday night, the end of the 3-day Memorial Day weekend...my question tonight is why don't three days of work go as fast as three days off?!? Anyways, it was a pretty great weekend. Here's a recap:
  • Friday was the BBQ at work...my boss covered the office so we could go. Then, he let us leave 30 minutes early. I think he is going senile...he told us all something early that morning and then, in the afternoon, he called my co-worker and I into his office and told us the same thing again. We both sat there not wanting to say anything in case we'd imagined it...we hadn't! Left work and stopped at the grocery store...since it was rainy, I figured dinner needed to be something warm and comforting...chili! Dinner made the house warm. D and I watched the Padres game then the DVR...Top Chef and Ugly Betty...before heading to bed.
  • Saturday was D and my 6-month anniversary since we got married (we still count because it's been so short) which was exciting to realize that it's been that long! So, that morning, we went our separate ways...D to a Kevin Kouzmanoff signing and me to help Mom pick up some patio chairs. After lunch with Mom and Meema, I headed back home. D and I left for the Padres game early...two players (Shawn Estes and Edgar Gonzalez) were signing before the game. We met up with our friend Richard and hung out at the longest game ever! It was over 3 and a half hours...they lost badly, but I wanted to stay for fireworks...it's cheesy, but entertaining. After the game, D and I were going to grab dinner downtown, but there were (long) lines everywhere we tried to go. So, we ended up with Old Faithful...Denny's! With full stomachs, we headed home to crash.
  • Sunday mroning came late...we slept really late...I made us a sausage and veggie scramble for breakfast. In the afternoon, we headed to Mom's for an indoor BBQ. We went earlier than everyone else...Mom needed us to move something out of the garage...she couldn't do it herself because of D's dirt bikes. Since we were moving things, D took his bike out for a ride around the neighborhood a few times. He looked like a little kid having the best time...I made him stop sooner than he wanted because he didn't have his helmet. Mom made some good food (burgers, sausages, cabbage salad, green beans and mashed potato casserole) and we all hung out... it was the usual suspects. We had a lot of fun chatting and hanging out. We went home and relaxed some more before heading to bed.
  • Monday was a fun and busy day...we met Mark, one of D's friends, for breakfast at Pipes. Then, D and I ran around...we made a stop at REI (didn't buy anything), Marshalls in Solana Beach (bought several decorative pillows for the couch, a pair of shoes for me, two hats for D, a bath mat and picture frames), Bev Mo (case of New Belgium's summer brew Skinny Dip, bottle of Spanish wine, New Belgium glass set and 4 1554 bombers), Sprint (apparently, I have to contact tech support to resolve my issue rather than customer service helping me), Longs (needed a passport photo taken), Fry's Electronics (new scanner for D) and finally, Ralph's (dinner stuff). We came home...I made us an indoor BBQ dinner...oven baked/barbecued pork ribs, potato salad (Meema's recipe) and corn on the cob. It was so good!

It's been a great weekend...I'm so happy that we found decorative pillows that we liked and did not break our bank account. D and I are redecorating the apartment a little at a time trying to make it more of our home. We'll probably be here another year or so before we can think about getting ourselves a home. It's cozy and our place...hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: