Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not Cranky...Feeling Better and Getting It Done!

Things are so much better that they were on Tuesday...D and I got over whatever little funky thing we went through, no worse for the wear! Wednesday was a good day...we carpooled (gas is too ridiculous for both of us to drive north each day alone...we've been trying to carpool if we don't have events after work) and got to spend some time talking about things. After work, we headed home to wait for the AAA Battery Service to show up. Yes, after so much procrastination, I called AAA on Tuesday and set up an appointment to have my battery replaced. As promised, the man showed up around 6:00...he was really nice. I knew that it was going to be a challenge to do it because D was going to do it, but Googled how to do it and saw a post that it takes at least 3 hours. Well, this guy was a little more experienced and called his backup...by 7:15, the new battery was installed. So, D and I decided to take the dust bucket (the car is so filthy) out and headed to the library. I love books and the library is one of my favorite places in the world. Armed with my list of wanted reads, I meandered through. I ended up checking out 5 books...not much fluff reading, but some good ones including one on the OJ Simpson murder trial (I've read almost all of the books about this...I remember all that drama when I was in college), Tony Dungy's biography (head coach of the Indianapolis Colts...looked interesting...I had seen it at Costco, but didn't want to buy it), Complications (about medical school, doctors and medicine...another random fascination I have)and two others I can't remember. After the library, D and I decided to spend some cash and grab some dinner rather than cook because we were both so wiped out. We headed to comfort food...Hometown Buffet. We ran into D's little brother from the fraternity. It had been a while since D had seen or talked to him...Brian had kind of dropped out of life and been MIA. We caught up for a bit before eating. I thought I did well with what I ate, but I was wrong! Before we got home, my stomach began it's revolt against my food intake. It was possessed with a monster growling and rumbling...after releasing the monster and all it's friends, I crawled into bed with my first book choice...Complications. I have read the introduction and was captivated, but my eyelids began to flutter before I could read anymore. I kissed D goodnight and went to bed...D was up getting his new camera ready to send back to Canon for the second time...it pooped out again for no reason. Haha...my refurbished Canon (the replacement from the concrete bouncing incident) is so much better!

Now, it is another day...work is mellow (remind me to post about this later) and I have zero productivity (as noticed with me blogging at 9:00 in the morning instead of working) in me lately, but I have a meeting this afternoon. Then, I'm headed off to see Mom, Meema and the boys. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments: