Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's a Busy Life!

Life has been so busy with little things lately that I haven't had time to blog and update things. Work is good and busy with lots of testing going on...nothing has really changed, but I think that accepting the situation has eliminated some (most) of the related stress. I can't change someone and their personality...if people want to be rude and nasty, then there is nothing I can do about that. It's a good feeling to be a bigger person and not let it get to me. On the work front, I applied for a director position in another district. Yesterday, I went to an interview for the position...I was one of three candidates. Overall, I felt like the interview went well...they chose someone who works in that district already and has a tenure and history there. I'm not upset about it, but am a little disappointed that my next step on the career ladder will have to wait. I am a firm believer in "right timing" and this was not the right time for me take this position.

D and I have been leading the crazy life...we really want to clean the apartment and do some redecorating, but we have not had the block of time we've needed. Last week, we were each out almost every night doing something. It felt odd to live together, but not see each other much because we were so busy. D had a rough time toward the end of the week...we found out that a college friend has passed away in an accident at home and he was only 40. It's a difficult thing to have someone close to our age pass away. By Friday, we were both dead to the world and went to bed early...it's a rockstar life we lead...haha!

Saturday, we went autograph chasing for D...Adrian Gonzalez was signing in Eastlake. It's fun to go and watch D and his buddies geek out on this memorabilia thing. Saturday night, we went to the Padres game with our friends Mike and Erin. D and I won them last year from Cox Communications at a signing. Before the game, we went to dinner at Fleetwoods...it was an interesting place that was stuck between fine dining menu and ballpark casualness. Not sure that I'd go back, but we had a nice time. The game was good...they won and Greg Maddux finally got win number 350.

Sunday was Mother's Day...we went to Carol and Joel's before dinner. We were able to video conference with Todd, Christine and Tucker...Tucker aka Baby E is now a month old and such a doll! They will come visit over Labor Day weekend. Then, we all headed to dinner at the family hangout, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They know us there and we are treated really well. Dinner was fun...the ladies all liked their gifts (massages for Mom, Mickey Mouse figurine for Meema...she collects, and Borders gift cards for Alicia and Carol).

This week has been more mellow at home, but it's been a crazy busy week at work. Last night, D and I needed to get out of the house. We walked through Ikea and Target to get some ideas for the apartment. I have three major wants right now...coffee table, decorative pillows for the couch and a comforter set for the bedroom. I saw some things I liked, but nothing that I had to have last night. We also finished our shopping for a care package for Tucker...we bought him some cute outfits, rattles and a Padres onesie...I know his dad is probably a Phillies fan, but he needs some San Diego influence in his life :)

So, it's a busy life I lead, but a happy life...peace out!

No comments: