Thursday, May 22, 2008

Full Moon in Effect and Other Stories of Exhaustion!

Oh my goodness...I am freaking exhausted...I feel like I have not stopped running since my last blog. I also think that this full moon thing is taking it's toll on me...D and I have gotten in the stupidest tiffs about really random, useless things in the last week...we are all good, but it's exhausting having "lively" discussions about stupid stuff! So, here a random recap of my last week and all that leads me to today...
  • Went on an interview for a director's position last week, but didn't get it! I wasn't too surprised because the woman who works there got the job. It was good practice and I'm sure another position will come up again.
  • The weekend was fun and jammed pack. Ron and Perlina came up Saturday from the EC and brought the heat with them! We started with breakfast at Beach Break Cafe in Oceanside...they are always busy on the weekend, but have the best breakfasts! Then, a stop at the outlets in Carlsbad...complete with a $20 shoe purchase for me from Kenneth Cole. Then, off to San Marcos for a stop at Nordstrom Rack...lots of great things there, but no purchase. Then, on to every woman's favorite place...Fry's (not!). Ron "treated" us to 50 cents hotdogs and sodas from the San Marcos Fire Department fund raiser...it was our best meal of the weekend ;) Then, off to the Ducati dealer...Ron and D were like kids in a candy store, while Perlina and I were ready for a nap! Ron bought a Ducati last year after he saw one while travelling with D. After the Ducati place, we made a stop in Kearny Mesa for a walk through car dealers...I'm in love with the BMW X6 and the Toyota Sequoia. Although, I think any future offspring of D and I will be riding in a Sequoia. After all this running around, we stopped home for a quick rest before heading out for the evening. We went to dinner at Costa Brava...our tapas and wine (2 bottles) dinner was so much fun! We laughed and talked...Perlina coveted the olives! Sunday morning, they headed back to EC. D and I decided to get running...because we hadn't eaten enough already, we headed to Cardiff for breakfast at Pipes Cafe. This is another breakfast fave! Then, off to run more errands. Home for a bit before parting ways for our individual dinner activities. Me to calendar planning with the girls and D to dinner with a friend.
  • Work has been it's usual fun place with a spin...my coworker (nasty #1) is getting married in September, so as has been tradition with me and another person getting married, the larger department throws a bridal shower. It was after work on a Friday in our large conference room complete with snacks and gifts. Well, Nasty #2 announces that #1's shower will be on a Saturday in July (both myself and nice coworker are out of town that weekend...it's on our office calendar). Now, there is all kinds of drama with this shower and I'm pretty sure that the Nastys are complaining how we've ruined it!
  • I've been working like a dog the last few weeks of work...lots of happening as we gear up for the end of the school year and summer. I've been so busy that I've thought that I've confirmed appointment with panel members and haven't (oops...it's only been 2, but I hate that).
  • Maggie Bean, a coworker across the hall, gave me her tickets to last night's Padres game...what an eventful evening! First, Albert Pujols beaned Chris Young in the head with a hit, then he took out Josh Bard then a fight in our section, and finally, Wally Joiner was ejected from the game...it was definitely a full moon in effect!

Now, I'm heading back to work...hopefully, things will calm down...take care!

No comments: