Friday, May 23, 2008

Finally Friday...WooHoo!

Wow, I've made it through another week! Lots happening in small doses this weekend and next week...
  • I was the dutiful wife last night...I had to make a dessert for our Admin Center BBQ today. So, I made a double batch of blondies with chopped pecans and chocolate chips...one for me to bring and one for D to take to work. His boss is out today and D is taking the staff to lunch (on the company dime) as a thank you for all their work. Technically, I think D should take me to dinner on the company dime as a thank you for giving up my husband to the laptop/desktop in the evenings to get projects done and during the month end close. But hey that's the life of an cost accountant's wife ;)
  • Last night was my first trip to a laundromat and D got a great kick out of this! We had massive amounts of laundry to do and the washing machine in our complex broke down. So, after the Padres game (we have our priorities), we loaded the car with the massive amounts of laundry and headed to the laundromat. We got it all done and now need to finish folding and put it away tonight. It was such a huge accomplishment...lately, it's little things like this that help the focus return! When we got home, we put a set of brand new sheets on the bed...they were a wedding gift. Oh, it was so nice to crawl into clean sheets last night...it was quickly off to sleepy land for both of us!
  • The weekend is relatively open and free, for once in a really long time! Tomorrow, D is going on the autograph hunt...Heath Bell is signing at Petco in Carmel Mountain; Kevin Kouzmanoff is signing in San Ysidro and then Shawn Estes is at the ballpark before the game. We are meeting Clint and Christine (she was in our wedding) at the game. Hopefully, it's a drama free game and evening!

Well...the stacks of paper on my desk are taunting me and as much as I don't want to, I better get back to work. Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend...take a moment to remember those who have fought to allow us the great country we live in. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: