Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Random Musings...It Must Be Tuesday!

It's Tuesday...Monday was not a bad day...I just had to endure the hissy fits of my coworkers and a long day. It's summer mode now...our office is still relatively busy, but my workload has calmed down. I'm trying to get some things organized and underway before I head out on vacation in less than a month (but who's counting). After work, I headed home and took some photos of the Jetta. We are going to sell it now, but we still have to do the license plate transfer (it has a personalized plate that I want to keep) and list it for sale. Then after watching some bad reality TV that I had recorded (D had softball), I made dinner. Saturday in my travels to visit Mom, I stopped at the "day old" bakery and bought way more than I needed...so much so, that I got a free loaf of bread and an Entemann's chocolate cake. One of my purchases was Boboli pizza crust and sauce...hence, dinner last night became pizza! It had italian sausage, fresh garlic, mushrooms, onions, olives and cheese. For a store bought crust, it was not a bad dinner...and there was enough for us to both bring leftovers for lunch today.

After dinner, we decided that we would knock out booking our train tickets for the round trip Seattle to Vancouver...in order to do so, we needed our passport information. My new passport in the Mrs. New Name came last week...a lot sooner than I expected...was located, but D's was lost in oblivion. We both searched the last places we thought we'd seen it without luck...after about an hour of searching, I was ready to give up and became a crumpled mess on the floor. All I could see is that our planned trip was ruined if we could not find D's passport...a little melodramatic, I know, but we really need this vacation and it cannot come soon enough! In my personal pity party, I hear D say "I found it". Yeah, I wanted to cry with happiness then! He hugged me and all was good and got even better...we saved more on our tickets with my AAA membership. So, now, all the travel logistics (transportation and lodging) have been handled.

This morning was our large department's end of the year breakfast...our big boss throws one every year as a thank you for all of our hard work and we get to go in later to work. With the exception of one director, we had a full turnout. At the end of breakfast, big boss usually does some kind of speech/skit to thank us. This year, it was Mister Rogers, complete with the music, cardigan and sneakers. I must admit that it was a little weird, but it's nice to feel appreciated (what a concept). Now, I'm back to work with a full tummy and a glass of iced tea (the waiter packed one up for me) trying to get focused and get some things done.

Have a great day...

No comments: