Thursday, July 10, 2008

Peace Out Popsicle Stand!

So, today, I get to say good bye to this popsicle stand I call the jay oh bee...and I could not be happier and more relaxed about it! I already know that everything that could go wrong and happens while I'm gone will somehow be "The Analyst's" (my) fault and I am okay with that. This morning, I've been wrapping up things and even accomplishing things that I didn't anticipate doing. This place has worn me out so much this week that for the last two nights, I've been in bed reading by 9:00 and usually asleep shortly after that. D has come to bed the last two nights and I didn't even wake up when he did and I've slept all night until the alarm goes off without waking up...I can't remember the last time that happened.

Then, this morning, D asked if I'll be back Sunday or Monday. I told him that I wouldn't be back until Tuesday afternoon. I'm pretty sure that we had that discussion at least once or twice and am not sure why that didn't stick in his head. I know that we talked about my quick packing turnaround (24 hours) and how I'd be in the airport a lot in the next week. It was cute, though, when he realized I would be gone for longer than he thought...he'll be fine and busy (including a trip to Mom's to help her with some things, Padres game and autograph chasing).

I'm going to see Mom, Meema and the Boys tonight before I head off on my adventures. Mom called last night to find out when I leave...Meema thought it was today. Mom told me that Meema has been bleeding and went to urgent care yesterday. She has an appointment for some kind of biopsy next Wednesday. This scares me a little especially considering I'll be up north, but I'll have my cell with me. I'm saying little prayers that it's just her age (one month shy of 87) and nothing too serious.

Well, I better get back to pretending to work...I only have 3 hours left. It's only fitting on my last day of work that I leave early to get my hair cut and colored. Hey, what can I say?!? I want to look good in my photos :) Have a great day!

No comments: