Friday, August 15, 2008

Cranky, Addicted and It's the Weekend!

I am just cranky and feeling blah this week and really have nothing to blame it on. Maybe it's the humidity getting to me and throwing my balance off...or it could be the headache that has resided with me since Monday that ranges from throbbing to dull, but refuses to vacate.

This week has been relatively smooth, but I must make an admission..."I am Mrs Big D and I am addicted to the Olympics." I didn't really watch the opening ceremonies, but I have watched so many events I've lost track...swimming (men's and women's, individuals and relays), men's synchronized diving (yes, I think Thomas Finchum is a doll...even though he's only 18 and looks a lot younger...it must be a carry over from all those high school crushes I had on swimmers and water polo players), beach volleyball, boxing (as I passed through...D was watching it), softball and women's gymnastics. I've been so entertained that I've been walking into rooms throwing my arms up like a gymnast at the start and end of her routine...it keeps D quite amused. I've been so addicted that even though I knew the US would not win the gold in women's gymnastics, I had to stay up way past my weekday bedtime to watch it to the bitter end. And, I've cut myself off cold turkey the last two nights, bypassing the couch and D for the bedroom and a book and usually falling asleep early.

I'm glad it's the weekend...we have lots of little plans, but nothing too major. Today is our mini date/spend time together evening. Right after work, we're heading to the outlets in Carlsbad to do some shopping (still on the quest for matchy matchy navy shirts) and have dinner somewhere. I have a strong aversion to making dinner on Friday night...it's my reward and relaxation for a long week. Saturday is running around with D before I drop him off downtown. Tomorrow night is his "boys night out" at the Padres game and then hit up a bar or two. My plan for "girl night in" is a massage (that will hopefully knock out the never ending headache) and some other random tasks around the house. Since I've been feeling domestic lately, I might bake something. Sunday, we're hoping to make it to the beach for a while. Then, it's back east video conference and dinner at the Banking Mogul's Deluxe Apartment in the Sky...heir apparent (Cousin Cleveland) is in town for his 10th (OMG...he is not that old because that means I am that old) high school reunion. Originally, dinner was to be at Ruth's, but the responsible adults in us (when did that happen?!?) vetoed our participation. Meema's birthday is in 2 weeks, so we knew that dinner would be a Ruth's run and we needed to be prepared for that. So, it's dinner at the apartment with the family.

Well...I hope everyone is doing well...have a great weekend!

No comments: