Monday, August 25, 2008

Here we go again...Monday!

Monday, Monday...after a busy weekend, here I am! We had a great and busy weekend...the recap...
  • Friday: Spent the evening on the couch cuddled watching the Olympics. Who knew that water polo, platform diving and ping pong could keep us so riveted?!?
  • Saturday: I met the girls for breakfast at Mimi's in honor of Pilar's visit. We had a great time catching up and talking about things. Then, I headed to Mission Valley to get my 20% back from my previous Bed Bath and Beyond purchases. I also walked around and found some really great brown boots (one dressy, one funky) at Nordstrom Rack, but I restrained and left empty handed. But the funky brown pair is calling my name...and they were only $40. Who knows...maybe they'll somehow end up in my closet soon! Went home and waited for D...finished My Sister's Keeper. Again, it was another Jodi Picoult book that had me torn throughout and I'm not sure how I feel about it. D and I did a mini date stop at Costa Brava...tapas, wine and good talks before we headed to our friend's annual summer cocktail party. Unfortunately, their daughter (7 months old) had already gone to bed. It was nice to hang out with them for a while. Then home for more late night Olympics viewing...the Redeem Team men's basketball for a bit before falling asleep.
  • Sunday: Our "child" (aspiring banking mogul, but chef in denial who lives in NYC) is here for the week and came over. We went to breakfast before spending lots of time with Mom and Meema. The boys ended up disassembling and moving Mom's treadmill back downstairs to the garage. We were rewarded by Meema with a dinner at L&L. We talked and caught with plans for the week...it's matchy matchy photo and family visiting and party week. Mom has her to do list ready and D and I have marching orders to help get her ready.

This week has lots filling it...tonight is first meeting of the semester with the girls. There is a lot on the agenda, so I know it will be a late night. I think (hope) that the girls have their proverbial act together and this should make my life a little easier. Have a great week!

No comments: