Thursday, August 7, 2008

Random Things...

Yes, two posts in one day...I have some random things to share...
  • I stream AOL music at work via my computer...today, I am listening to the 111 worst songs. And, to be honest, there are some (not all) songs on that list that I like and have on my iPod or now want to download. Bands/artists like Captain and Teneille, Shaggy, Rupert Holmes, OTown, LFO, and others playing cheesy songs are just my thing. Although, I'm sure that there are sucky songs that will get stuck in my head (The Ketchup Song had me bopping my head side to side even though I hate that song.) Is that bad?!?
  • Enough with the Brett Favre talk...this morning, I was about ready to scream because the local sports station that we listen to while getting ready could only talk about that. They even resorted to getting reactions about Brett's relocation to the Jets from Chargers' players. I finally had to turn it off.
  • Padres...my dear sweet Padres what am I to do with you?!? I am a die hard fan that has stuck with you through thick and thin. I start out my seasons with great hope. This year, I even made a baseball themed dinner on opening night so we could settle in to watch the boys play. Plus, I've supported them through the end of many ugly games and not been the fair weathered fan who stays when they win and leaves when they lose. For heavens sake, I've been to caravans and signings in extreme heat and almost got pushed to the ground by the ravaging Adrian Gonzalez fans. I know that this season has gone to the toilet and there is no playoff hope, but must we rape and pillage all the players that can do something. This morning, I learned that Brian Giles and possibly Greg maddux were put on waivers (rumors say that Brian is going to Boston) and no longer part of the team. Yes, Scott Hairston, Chase Headley and Jody Gerut can handle the outfield, but what about that veteran leadership. Saving money by unloading players this season does not mean more in the payroll coffers next season. It only means more money that can be disputed in the ugly Moores (owners) divorce. My suggestion (arm chair coach) to the team is to stop renting players and give some of these boys a chance to develop (can you say X Nady and Jason Bay). While I am usually sad at the end of baseball season, this year I can only hope that this one ends soon without too much more bloodshed! In the end, I will still wear my hat with pride and look forward to another happy day at the ballpark.

No comments: