Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Melted Down!

So, yesterday, I had the ultimate meltdown! We're talking butter melting on hot pavement, your favorite lipstick melted in the car on a hot day, meltdown. I really can't pinpoint the exact cause of said meltdown, but I can tell you it was bad! It had been one of those days that grates on my last nerve (whistling and humming incessantly adding to the ever present headache)...I got a call from Mom about moving something and her needing some photos as proof for reimbursement. Then, D wanted to workout, but the headache was too nasty to think of doing any physical exertion. So, we headed home...the ride home was an out of the blue picking match (everything you say is taken wrong...I hate these!) and ended up with me a sobbing runny nosed mess at home. It was so stupid and was brought on by the stress of the insurmountable process of life! After wallowing in our separate spaces for a little while, D came in and in his own way, made me laugh and brought me back to the "one day at a time...things can't be solved instantly" reality. We then decided to head out to look for a new dish rack (I threw ours away on Saturday because it was old and could not be cleaned again).

First stop was Target...nothing that we loved, would look good or last longer, but we did come out with my book for book club, two Tide stain pens (I always get stuff on me) and a game for D. Then, it was off to Bed Bath and Beyond. We found what we wanted, but it was way more than ever should be spent on a dish rack, but with our 20% off coupon, it was a little less. So, we are now the proud owners of a Simply Human Stainless Deep Dish rack. It's so pretty! Then, we walked around looking at other things. But the best moment happened when we were looking at the Simply Human line of trashcans. We need a new one and saw one (actually 2) at Uncle Banking Mogul's place. They are a great shape, but cost about $140 for the one we like. While we were impulsive in spending more that we should have on a dish rack, we held off on the trashcan. D saw the price and commented (loud enough for others to hear and chuckle). "For that price, it better wipe my butt."

After stopping for a quick bite, we headed home to handle the photo ordering for Mom before heading into bed. At the end of the night, as I fell asleep, I felt so much better than I had during the meltdown. I also came to the conclusion that I talk about making changes, but don't move as quickly as I should. So, it's time to move my feet and get things done. I also realized that the meltdown was a result of me not dealing with anxiety and letting it build up. Lots of lessons learned at a potentially expensive price...

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Aw hon! I love you! It's OK to melt down -- that's why we have husbies and friends. I have meltdowns weekly -- so don't be a stranger if you need to chat!