Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday, Monday!

Happy Monday! I cannot believe how fast weekends go...if only the work week went as fast. This was a pretty mellow weekend for us and it felt good...so, today's weekend recap will be a little boring...
  • Friday: We watched a Rachael Ray episode about the olympics and creating a menu around it. Because I have nothing else to do in my life (not), I decided that I would (again) be that dorky (yet lovable wife) that makes a theme dinner in honor of an event. Dinner consisted of "Pit-zas" (pita pizzas layered with greek ingredients) and spanokopita meatballs (ground chicken mixed with spinach and feta) served with a yogurt cucumber sauce. (I took pictures and will post them with recipes soon.) They are both definitely keepers and D enjoyed them also. The rest of the evening was spent "geeking out" and watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.
  • Saturday: I woke up in kind of an unexplainable funk and could not get my butt moving that morning. It was one of those days where everything frustrated and irritated me. D headed off to meet his friend at the card shop. I stayed on the couch watching the DVR...Hopkins and Tori and Dean before switching to the regular bad television. Finally, I snapped myself to life and showered and ran some errands. I needed a gift for an exchange and some other things. After running my errands, I came home to bond even more with my friend the couch. And, there I stayed for the rest of the day and evening (except for some snack and potty breaks). We watched the Padres game and then the Olympics. I am so hooked on the Olympics for some reason.
  • Sunday: We met Mom, Meema and Alicia for breakfast. Then, we went to Mom's to do laundry and help her do some things for the party at the end of the month. We were slated to attend an alumnae barbecue that afternoon, but neither of us felt very social. Instead, we did a Target run and had some dinner before finally getting home with our clean laundry around 9:00. More time spent on the couch watching the Olympics and then we headed to bed.

This week looks like it will be busy for us. Tomorrow, I get my "snaggletooth" fixed. I chipped my tooth (I did it originally in 3rd grade and the bonding gets loose) about 10 days ago and am getting it fixed tomorrow at the dentist. Plus, there are lots of other random things to be handled and taken care of. Hope all is well...have a great week!

No comments: