Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm Going to Be Late...

D and I have been trying to do our share to help the environment (and our wallets) by carpooling to work a few days of the week. Since we work so close to each other, it's less wear and tear on the cars and makes sense. D usually drops me off (it just works better that way) and will text me when he is on the way to pick me up. This week has been the dreaded monthly close (aka extra busy during the day and working at home in the evenings) and against my better judgment (with D's reassurance of leaving on time), we carpooled yesterday. So, around 4:25 (he's supposed to be here around 4:35), I get a text from D saying, "Hey I just got done with the close. Can u hang out for another 30 minutes?". My response: "I guess so if that's what you need But you owe me". My thoughts were that I could get a little extra work done and it would be no big deal. Then, the Boss left at 5:05, still no D. Finally, around 5:30, I get another text saying he had to do two more things and would leave soon. I texted him that another 30 minutes. So, finally at 6:25, D pulls up at work to pick me up. He knew that I was upset (I wasn't really because it's out of his control) and tried to make up for it. He told me that he had thought for a moment at lunch about giving me the car in case something like this happened, but felt confident that the afternoon would go smoothly (not).

Since we were both a little wound up and the weather was nice, we decided to head out somewhere...Fashion Valley on a quest to find navy blue tops for the family pictures at the end of the month. Yes, my family is going to be that matchy-matchy group taking photos in Balboa Park over Labor Day weekend. With Baby E in tow, we will be the small (all 11 of us) group wearing navy blue tops with khaki bottoms. D and I both have the navy top, but they have faded enough to require purchase of new ones. We walked around Fashion Valley and ended up having dinner at the Nordstrom Cafe...for D, it was tomato basil soup and angel hair pasta; for me, it was chicken soup and salmon nicoise salad. Pretty healthy and I didn't have to cook. Then, it was a little more browsing, before heading home empty handed. At home, it was a relaxing night and early bedtime for us. Today, after work, I'm heading to see Mom, Meema and the boys. Hopefully, the boys will be around me...I was the "evil one" last week by dispensing their monthly dose of flea medication. Have a great day!

No comments: