Monday, August 18, 2008

My Head...the Weekend!

Happy Monday! Things are good with me...still have the massive headache from hell. It's been a week since the vice wrapped itself around my head and gets tighter and looser throughout the day. I think I've really jacked the shoulders and back full of stress and that's what's causing the headache to take root in my head. It's so bad that caffeine, water, sleep and pills do nothing to make it go away...it only dulls the pain. It's not uncommon for me to get a headache every day, but they are usually gone within a little while or by the next day. So, I have an appointment for a massage on Wednesday to see if that will knock it out of my system.

The weekend was good...after work on Friday, D and I went on a shopping expedition. Costco (to pick up some photos and get gas), Carlsbad Outlets (to find matchy matchy outfits...we did, but found out that the men are wearing khaki pants). We bought D khaki shorts, but found that we had bought a pair of nice khaki pants a while ago. We had dinner at Bruno's Italian Restaurant in San Marcos (twice in one week...yum!) and made a quick WalMart run before heading to bed.

Saturday, the elusive Khalil Greene was signing autographs at Cox Cable in Chula Vista. So, being the amazing wife I am, D and I headed to the signing 2 hours before it started. There was a line, but I camped out in a chair reading my book while D socialized with his "cronies". Khalil is pretty shy, but he did smile at me and responded when I commented about how bad it is to have a cast. We hung out a bit before going home. D's friend had tickets to the game that night, but I really wanted to be a homebody. So, I gave D the free pass to hang out with the boys. Our friend, Sam, took D up on the offer to join him at the game and hanging out after. I dropped the, off downtown around 4:15 and then headed to the opening weekend of Fresh and Easy in my neighborhood. If you've never been to one, you should check it out. It's a cool idea of a grocery store geared to the busy life...lots of smaller packaging and ready to eat (healthy) meals at decent prices. Since I had a $5 off coupon, I walked around and bought some things. They rainchecked me on the reusable tote...due to the overwhelming response, they ran out. I went home loaded with groceries, cleaned the kitchen (threw away our nasty dish rack...now on a quest for a new one), got a package together and relaxed. Since I knew that I was going to pick the guys up, I just camped on the couch dozing. I woke up around 1:30 and thought that I'd be hearing from D soon since the bars close at 2:00...wrong! 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 3:30...I sent a text with no response...4:00, I started thinking something had happened (jail, injury...who knows at that hour?!?) 4:30, I finally called (I waited because I didn't want to be that kind of wife, but really started to worry), but it went straight to voice mail. 5:00...I hear a voice at the front door (door open, screen locked), "Hey babe, it's me." D was finally home...turns out the cell phone had died (but don't your friends have one you could call me from?) and they hung out at the friend's house and then the friend took him home. So, after chatting about the evening, we went to bed when the sun came up.

Sunday, we slept most of the morning (gee, I wonder why?!?) and didn't rise until noon. After showering and dressing, we headed to Pipes for breakfast/lunch. Since our original Sunday plan was the beach, this became the closest thing to it for the weekend. We made it home for a quick nap before dinner at the Deluxe Apartment in the Sky. We did our video conference with Baby E, who is now the owner of a tooth...he's getting so big and we can hardly wait to see him in 10 days. Dinner was procured by Uncle Banking Mogul from Pat and Oscars. They don't really cook and take advantage of their great cooking and rely on easy, takeout meals. We had a good time at dinner and spent more time there than originally planned. Cousin Cleveland was heading home on the red eye and needed to get to the airport. He'll be back in 10 days also for the big family weekend.

This week should be pretty good...school starts tomorrow (where did the summer go?!?) and it may get a little busy with sites asking for help and questions. Tonight, I meet with the girls to get things organized for the new semester. They start school next Monday and this is our pre-school meeting. I'm picking up pizza for them...I hope tonight doesn't go too late.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...take care!

No comments: