Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mid Week Recap!

Happy Hump Day...it's Wednesday. It's only the middle of the week and it has been a jammed packed week already. The recap...
  • Monday: I had an interview panel at work, but one of the members was called into a mandatory meeting. So, I had to fill in. It was a nice break from my normal day, but I was tied up from 10:30 until 2:30. Instead of taking lunch at 2:30, I just worked another hour and left. D left work and met me for an early dinner before I headed to campus for Chapter. It was great to see the girls again. Our meeting ran smoothly and I was home so much earlier than I thought (10:30). Instead of crashing immediately because I was so wired from the evening, I parked on the couch to watch my Monday night guilty pleasures (The Hills and Jon and Kate Plus 8).
  • Tuesday: The day started with D and I in crabby moods about really random and stupid things. It was another busy workday...I'm on a staff development task force at work and it was our first meeting of the new school year (4 hours of business). Got of it just with time to check email and trek to my next meeting. While I was in my afternoon of meetings, the Nastys continued to play their same game. I got emails (with copies to the boss) about things that I hadn't done. At first, I was angry, but then I responded with the facts (hello, I've been tied up in meetings/panels for the last two days and I'm sorry that your things have not been done) with copies to the boss. He even responded with a thank you. After work, we made a stop at the dry cleaner/tailor (run by a former Korean pop star) to pick up D's pants for matchy matchy day. We went home with intentions of being productive, but our child came over for a while...he was making me anxious because he kept asking questions and would not sit still. It must be the New York lifestyle in him. Dinner was breakfast...bacon, eggs and hashbrowns for D and baked potato with bacon and salad for me (I wasn't feeling the egg thing). After our child left, we spent the evening on the couch watching the Padres game (yeah, they won!).
  • Wednesday: The work day is a little less stressed (no meetings or panels), but still lots happening. I'm meeting Mom and Meema for lunch and to pass off the rice cooker. D is playing softball after work...I'm going home following a stop at the grocery store to relax.

Speaking of matchy matchy...the drama is ramping up! My aunt sent an email reminding us of the family photo event and included a comment from the photographer about having clean and neat fingernails. I guess this is a concern since we might be photographed holding Baby E. Mom then sent an email responding to the fingernail directive saying, "Enough with the fingernails. Do you think we are all idiots? This photographer seems to be too anal for this family,". My aunt responded saying that it was a joke...do I hear a bell signaling the end of Round One?!? I think that we should start a pool of who in the family will melt down first and at what time. Right now, I'm thinking that it will be close race between Meema and Baby E. Meema has already stomped her feet and told us that she was leaving if the photos weren't done by 7:00, which made us all laugh. Oh well...we'll see what else this crazy week will hold for all of us!

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You have no idea how excited I am for the blog post on how the family pics go. I think I'm definitley more excited for them than you!!