Friday, October 2, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

So, for so many reasons, lately, I have been a Bitter Betty or Negative Nelly. I am the classic worrier, pity party of one and all the cliches rolled into one person lately. And, I have been quite down wallowing in this negative energy. Last weekend, I notice that Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith was having a program on PBS. I have met Dr. Beckwith several years ago and have seen him on Oprah earlier this year. He talks about power within and using your potential to grow in life. Last night, I was wired when I got home, so D and I decided to watch it. We only watched a small portion, but learned so much already. One of the things he talked about was eliminating negative thoughts and actions from your life by creating gratitude...for all that we are and have, the negative things/issues we deal with (yes, because without these, we lose the opportunity to learn and grow while things change), and for just existing.

This all brought me to the new focus of my blog...gratitude! So, I'm going to start each day blogging about my daily gratitude items...5 simple things that I am thankful and blessed to have in my life!
  • The sunshine and fog mixed that combined to create a nice morning drive
  • Having a jay oh bee that challenges me on a daily basis
  • Spending Thursday nights with Mom and Meema
  • Getting to spend quality time with my purring cats, Oneder and Buttons
  • It's Friday and I have some good weekend plans

That's the start of my attitude of gratitude shift...what are you grateful for today? Whatever it is, I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: