Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tired Tuesday!

Ugh...I am so tired this morning! Last night's Chapter was a rough one...so rough, that I managed to lose my cool and composure multiple times. While I am passionate and love what I do working with the girls, sometimes it really pushes me to the edge of my patience. I was so worked up by the whole thing that it took me until after 1:00 to be calm enough to fall asleep. I even came home and treated myself to a big bowl of Top Ramen (I was hungry) and Bravo. Nothing like cheap noodles, Rachel Zoe and the vapid Realtors of Million Dollar Listing to take the stress level down a notch or two! Today's list is a little rough considering what a roller coaster ride last night was...
  • D finding dress shirts at a good price
  • Feeling such passion and pride for what I do with the Chapter
  • Knowing when to step back and apologize for behavior, but not beliefs
  • Looking for (and finding a day later) Flat Stanley...one of our ESS Supervisors accidentally mailed him to us
  • The sky between the clouds...such a pretty contrast to the black dark clouds

All in all, I still love what I do with the Chapter. Every semester has a moment where I want to give it all up and walk away. I've always said that the semester I make it through without quitting is the time for me to quit. Regardless of all the frustration, I still love working with the girls and connecting with them. So much so, that I am giving up a weekend to go to Big Bear for their Chapter retreat (mandated by the University). If I didn't care so much, it wouldn't bother me. Hope your Tuesday is a good one!

No comments: