Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thoughtful Tuesday

Good Morning and welcome to Tuesday! Monday went relatively smoothly...
  • D's interview went well. One of the people he was slated to meet with was sick, but he met with the big boss. D has some strengths and knowledge that this person and the department is lacking. They were also "old company" refugees :)
  • Making a simple dinner of BLOATs (bacon, lettuce, onion, avocado and tomato sandwich) and tater tots
  • Relaxation time together
  • Watching the Chargers game and cheering and yelling loudly
  • Talking to Mom and hearing that D is worried about me...for the record, I'm not having a pity party for 1. I just feel like I've reached my emotional capacity for dealing with the curves that keep getting thrown our way. Being a person of some faith, I know that this is not true and that I am never given more than I can handle, but right now, my stress cup runneth over!

Okay, now story time...I know I talk about the Nastys and the drama that they cause each day. Already, this morning is no exception! So, a person from another department (K) brought our office a beautifully wrapped (with fall decor and leaves from her tree at home) loaf of bread as a Happy Fall gesture. The conversation that followed:

Nice Co-Worker: K brought us some bread
Nasty: Why?
In My Head (Not Said Aloud...my filter does work sometimes): Because that's was nice people do!

Rather than saying, "Oh, that was nice," or something equally cordial or even saying nothing, the response is Why? Really, this is what I have to deal with?!?

BTW, the bread was really good! Nice and I each had a piece, while the Nastys turned it down. Oh, and I sent a thank you email to K...it's what nice people do!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: